Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0942  (Read 737 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0942
« on: June 26, 2015, 07:36:09 PM »
Robservations #942

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0942

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 03:35:44 AM »
Davenport VO...  He's a prime character at this point, as far as I'm concerned.  Did C Pennock just get a haircut?  Welcome Bruno!  I guess there are Stroka types throughout history, who attach themselves to someone and do unsavory things for him, and get fancy clothes from him.  Bruno's still in the fur coat his last boss bought him.  And I guess they didn't see M Stroka as having a lot of range...

Welcome Joseph Schofield, state investigator, whom Mr. Frid pretends to talk to on the phone.  Mr. Schofield has learned the value of Not Being Seen on DS, though he appears later, I believe (Nod to DL and Monty Python.)

Bruno sure wants to kill, anybody, for any reason.  Where are the Todds?  By Violet Welles, but you can't tell...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 03:57:09 PM »
Ed Riley VO. Davenport certainly is a more interesting zombie than most. I think maybe that's the Violet Welles touch.

I'll do anything! Bruno declares, and he does mean anything. He probably thinks there aren't enough people for him to kill.

I can't tell if Pennock got a haircut between episodes.

I honestly don't remember if we actually see Mr. Schofield, although for now he does understand the value of Not Being Seen in the DS Universe.  [ghost_grin]

Poor David thinks that his broken leg has taught him how to be a good little Leviathan. Talk about abuse.

Meanwhile, Jeb has given Bruno instructions for questioning Maggie. I’ll get the information immediately! Bruno says eagerly. He adds hopefully, I suppose then you’ll want me to kill Maggie. Don’t suppose anything, Jeb says. Bruno points out, After I’ve finished with Maggie, she’ll know that you suspect Barnabas--she’ll be dangerous! Evidently this has finally occurred to Jeb too. (He’s not too bright for the leader of a supposedly superior race!) He tells the delighted Bruno, You can kill Maggie after you’re finished--but make it look like an accident.

David reads something important in The Book and decides he has to tell Jeb about it pronto.

Meanwhile, back at the mausoleum, Davenport doesn't like to see Maggie cry. My wife used to cry, he tells her. Why was that, Sheriff?

At the mausoleum, Bruno pulls a knife on Maggie, and although I was looking forward to the Dancing Lady 3.0, it turns out to be just an ordinary knife. He tries to get her to tell him about Barnabas. I hate little girls who lie, he snarls at her. Maggie insists Barnabas never said anything about a conspiracy. Bruno pounces. I didn’t use that word, he gloats, but Barnabas did. Maggie insists that he didn’t, that Paul Stoddard.... She trails off as she realizes everything Paul said is horribly true. She tries to cover her error in mentioning Paul by saying that he was her friend’s father. You know a lot more than that, Bruno says, and you’re going to tell me, aren’t you? Maggie says nothing, so Bruno puts the blade against her throat again. By this time she’s too terrified for tears but still says nothing. Bruno removes the knife. Please let me go, Maggie pleads. Bruno laughs: Let you go? Listen, when I came here before, I had no reason to kill you. But now, I have every reason in the world! You made me fail! I don't like that. He shouts to Davenport to come back in. I advise you to get used to the icy coldness the sheriff carries around with him, he warns. The same thing that killed the sheriff can kill you--and then you’ll come back just like him. Maggie starts crying. This is your last chance to talk, Bruno warns. I can’t! she sobs. Bruno turns to go. Please don’t leave me with _him_! she pleads. Why not? Bruno says carelessly. You will get used to being like that yourself--very soon.

Somehow David has wheeled himself although into town and to the antique shop. Jeb is so horrified at the idea of a werewolf that he can barely stammer the word out. But he insists that Barnabas is their worst enemy and orders David to watch him.

The ex-sheriff is standing guard over Maggie at the mausoleum when she tries to run for the door one more time. He easily stops her, and as they struggle Jeb arrives and orders the sheriff outside. Jeb walks toward Maggie, carrying the Leviathan box. Why did you do this? she asks. You will understand, Jeb promises. Everything is going to be all right--I will make everything all right. Why are you doing this? she repeats. Oh, you will know, he answers, just as you know who I really am. I do know, Maggie says, but it seems crazy. Say it, he orders her. Slowly she says, You are Michael all grown up. Jeb seems pleased and tells her, I am sorry that I had to frighten you, but you had to be taught a lesson. Now the lesson is finished--except for one more thing. Now you are going to walk out of here and you're going back to Collinwood, and everything is going to be exactly the same, except for one thing. He holds out the box and says, I want you to open the box. She hesitates a long moment, and he repeats, Go on, open the box. Do as I tell you. Open the box. Maggie stares down at the box.........