Author Topic: Convention  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Convention
« on: August 04, 2004, 12:20:10 AM »
I will be there this year and hopefully I will meet some of you.  I was at the last 2 in New York, but unfortunately never got a chance to meet anyone.

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Re: Convention
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 12:59:51 AM »
I will be there this year and hopefully I will meet some of you.  I was at the last 2 in New York, but unfortunately never got a chance to meet anyone.
Put your handle on your name tag, I did that last year and met several people I chat with! I will look for you!
LdyAnne

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 01:02:05 AM »
Perhaps if any of the moderators are going they can look at the schedule and arrange a sort of get together in one of the always empty fan meeting rooms, during one of the less active times at the festival, then post time and day here for board members to come...

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 02:51:26 AM »
David Selby plans to attend the DS Weekend in Tarrytown. This information is now posted on his official site, www.davidselby.com

Now maybe people will stop emailing me about rumors that are being spread to the contrary.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 12:50:33 PM »
You can always look for the Grayson's Legion T-shirts too. . there is the yellow one from last year, red one from year before and this year .. well this year. . they are teal w/a a B& W photo of B&J on the front .. the Back of Course says' Grayson's Legion". . ..and we can point out other folks from this list and others. . .
Julia99

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 07:34:40 PM »
Just a question on the convention, I got my confirmation flyer in the mail this week and Lisa Richards is no longer listed. Does anyone know if she has dropped out? I know the shows are supposed to be smaller from now on. I heard that neither Chris Pennock, James Storm or Roger Davis were confirmed or attending, but Lisa has been on the website for many months. I guess I'm a little anxious as she's the only attendee I have never met. Has anyone heard anything one way or another?
    By the way, anyone going to the show should take a trip down to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetary. Not only did HODS film there, but its just a great (and huge) cemetary to visit. The oldest section had olde Dutch graves, including the people who inspired the characters in Legend of Sleepy Hollow. There are some notables in the cemetary, such as Washington Irving and Andrew Carnegie.
   If anyone knows which gravesite was used in HODS, please answer here or send me an internal message please!

Thanks,
       Michael, Your Cousin from Virginia
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 08:13:58 PM »
Lisa Richards starts performances of a play called Immoral Imperatives in early September at the Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theatre (WHAT) on Cape Cod. This is purely speculation, but rehearsals for that and/or involvement in another production could explain the absence of her name from the schedule. Richards stays very busy as a stage actress. Right now, probably more so than any of the actors who appear at the Fests or Weekends or whatever we're calling them now.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 08:15:31 PM »
That's the reason - Lisa's dropped out of the festival because of commitments on that.
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online