Author Topic: Incongruities (gee, ya think!!)  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Incongruities (gee, ya think!!)
« on: August 03, 2004, 12:52:53 AM »
I see on today's montage, there's a headstone:
Victoria Winters, hanged as a witch (duh duh DUH DUAAAAHH!)

Um...I don't think they put up markers, especially in a good Christian cemetary, of witches, n'est pas?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
Re: Incongruities (gee, ya think!!)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 01:00:00 AM »
I always thought Eagle Hill was reserved as the final resting place of the rich, affluent, the crazed, the disembodied, the multi-personalitated of Collinsport.....too bad Trask couldnt have been buried there.....then you would say at least one Christian was buried there.....the good reverend......one brick short of a load 8)
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 01:22:32 AM »
Um...I don't think they put up markers, especially in a good Christian cemetary, of witches, n'est pas?

IS it a "good Christian" cemetery?  I never saw any signs indicating that.  (No church affiliation or anything)
I was always under the impression that ANYONE could be buried there -- from kings and queens, to the scum of the earth.  lol

;D ;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 02:41:36 AM »
yeah, when eagle hill first appears during the laura collins story it was supposed to be a remote, barely used cemetery.it later becomes a catch-all for anyone who has ever died in collinsport.
whatever became of that swank "collins family cemetery"? ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 05:18:25 AM »
All those graves were moved to make room for the Collinsport Walmart, which opened in 1993 >:(
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 06:04:38 AM »
All those graves were moved to make room for the Collinsport Walmart, which opened in 1993 >:(

LOL... even Collinsport wasn't spared!   ;D  Although, knowing Collinsport, if they did that, one day you'd see reports in the Collinsport Gazette of eerie etherial figures rading the food section...or something.  ;)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 11:37:01 AM »

That is so true about WalMart.

I work in Lombard, Il across from a shopping center called Yorktown.  This is a massive mall!  There is a small cemetary there located within the boundaries of the mall. I understand that there is a cemetary within the boundaries of O'Hare Airport also. 

The cemetaries that I've heard mentioned on DS are Eagle Hill, Old Eagle Hill and Stanhope.   
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 05:00:54 PM »
I see on today's montage, there's a headstone:
Victoria Winters, hanged as a witch (duh duh DUH DUAAAAHH!)

That's a good point actually,  that stone seems pretty ornate.  Who would have footed the bill for that?  Surely the residents would want their tax dollars to go toward erecting a gravestone for a witch, even if it was as a warning to others.  Maybe Peter arranged for it, hoping that it would be seen in the future and prompt Vicki's friends to return to the past to save her? 
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 08:23:04 PM »
That's a good point actually,  that stone seems pretty ornate.  Who would have footed the bill for that?

Perhaps Joshua arranged for the stone (he certainly had the money to afford it) feeling it was the least he could do since he hadn't been able to save Miss Winters from the gallows as he had promised Barnabas he would do.

ProfStokes