Author Topic: BARNABAS AND QUENTIN ACTION FIGURES NEW FOR 2005!!!  (Read 2814 times)

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
BARNABAS AND QUENTIN ACTION FIGURES NEW FOR 2005!!!
« on: July 27, 2004, 05:52:22 AM »
Hey Gang!

Just got back from the San Diego Comic Con last weekend and do I have news for you!  Majestic Studios has licensed the DS property from Dan Curtis productions, and will be releasing new 12 inch DS Action figures in the fall 2005!  Follow the link below for a peak at the prototype figures on display at the Majestic table at the Con.  This is hot news that has not even been announced by the Festival yet!!!  Here is the story on the figures from what I was told direct from Majestic.  There will be possibly be 4 initial figures released in fall 2005. Barnabas, Quentin, Angelique and Dr Hoffman. Barnabas and Quentin are already in prototype stage, and you can see them at the the link below.  Barnabas comes in 2 versions. In his 1795 and present time outfit. There will be 3 changeable heads for Barnabas, including one with fangs, and the "Old Barnabas" from 1967.   Quentin comes in his 1897 outfit, and will have an interchangeable Werewolf head!   If these figures sell, Majestic wants fan input on what characters they should do in the future.  I suggested Nicholas Blair, but there is plenty of time for everyone to make their favorites known. They said are even considering a coffin to go with the Barnabas figure. But it will not come with the figure as they need to keep the costs down on the figures.  The figures will retail for $40.00, and be sold at chains like Tower Records and Suncoast Motion Picture stores.  These figures are still new, and plans can change. I urge all fans to write in your support for Majestic Studios.  Let them know we WANT THESE FIGURES!!!  I will post their contact information in a separate message below.

Here is the link with photos of the prototype figures from the convention last weekend!

ENJOY!  ;D

http://69.93.119.2/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=1604

Hey Connie, you will finally have your own Q Man action figure!!!   LOL!!

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: BARNABAS AND QUENTIN ACTION FIGURES NEW FOR 2005!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 05:59:52 AM »
Here is the website for Majestic Studios who are doing the DS action figures. Their contact information is available on the main page on the left hand side.

http://www.majesticstudiosinc.com/

Note they are also doing a figure of the Zuni Voodoo doll from Dan Curtis's Trilogy of Terror!

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 06:13:20 AM »
For Quentin maybe they could have exchangable bottles of booze.  Brandy, Sherry, Grain Alcohol.... ;D
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 06:48:15 AM »
Hey Connie, you will finally have your own Q Man action figure!!!   LOL!!

Well I guess so!  LOL  (Too bad the Q-Man figure isn't life-size)
Actually, Julia, Barn, and Quentin figures are a definite must.  They should come with accessories too.  Julia should have a medical bag, syringe, etc.  Barn should have his cane, Quentin a brandy glass.  They need other stuff too - maybe swords or something - otherwise, what are ya supposed to do with them?  (Remember?  When Barn first came to Collinwood in 1897 Quentin pulled a sword on him)  (Now THAT'S hospitality!)

It would be great if they made a set of the Collinwood foyer and drawing room.  Then ya could do scenes and stuff (and film it)  I bet any scenes most of us could come up with would be better than that WB pilot.  :P

-CLC   ;D
Rapidly digressing into childhood

PS  Is it my imagination, or does that Q figure look more like Trask than Quentin??  lol
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 07:08:23 AM »
Here is the story on the figures from what I was told direct from Majestic.  There will be possibly be 4 initial figures released in fall 2005. Barnabas, Quentin, Angelique and Dr Hoffman. Barnabas and Quentin are already in prototype stage, and you can see them at the the link below.  Barnabas comes in 2 versions. In his 1795 and present time outfit. There will be 3 changeable heads for Barnabas, including one with fangs, and the "Old Barnabas" from 1967.   Quentin comes in his 1897 outfit, and will have an interchangeable Werewolf head!

OMG...wow!  Thanks for the info. :)

They look adorable, I must say--the interchangeable heads are too cute (snort)!  :D

Will Angelique have an extra head too (ya know, reflecting her Cassandra period)?  Tripwire and Connie are right--they should have accessories as well. Brandy (and a brandy snifter) and portrait for Quentin. A little clay doll for Angie (or something). A little black bag, amulet, and hypo for Julia.  A cane, sherry bottle (or claret cup set--he has to entertain somehow ;)) for Barnabas. BTW...is it just me, or does Barnabas have BLUE eyes in that picture?  ???

And yes Connie...a set for the Collinwood (and Old House) Drawing rooms would be fabulous! (I know, I'm getting waaaaaaaaay ahead of myself here.  LOL)

But anyway, the MOST pertainent question for me is--will Julia have interchangeable heads as well?? LOL  Ya know, she had at least 3 different hairstyles during the series. You could choose which style you like best and all...each face having different facial expressions.  ;)  Ohhhh...I wonder what outfit they'll put her in? The traditional green tweed or the royal blue number?  And of course, if I ever got my hands on a couple of those, Barnabas and Julia "ACTION figures" will take on an ENTIRELY new meaning... ;)

Intrigued Wench,

Heather  ;D

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 08:32:36 AM »
How fun!  :D  Thanks for the news, doombuggy.  I MUST have the Quentin action figure.  I wish the photos showed his woofy head.

Hope you had a great time at the Con.  The list of Buffy alumni was very tempting (and Jude Law!) but unfortunately I couldn't make it.  Did you see Sarah Michelle Gellar?

They need other stuff too - maybe swords or something - otherwise, what are ya supposed to do with them?  (Remember?  When Barn first came to Collinwood in 1897 Quentin pulled a sword on him)  (Now THAT'S hospitality!)

And Q's sword could come with a collapsible table lamp.

Heather, you're an amusing wench!  8)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 09:00:14 AM »
Wait...I thought of something else (yeah, here I go again):

If they came out with a (cough) Jeff Clark doll...and he had an interchangeable head...you could have the dolls engage in a literal head-to-head match.

If the Jeff Clark action figure is acting a bit too whiney--touching his hair constantly (BTW, ya know how they used to have Ken dolls with the plastic painted hair? Well, Jeff Clark would HAVE to have the more *realistic* hair; some real poufy angular locks), crying about Vickie and how Dr. Lang mistreated him or whatnot, the Julia or Barn  figure (or maybe even a Willie doll...yeah, how could I forget Willie. Geeze!  LOL) could smack him upside the head and watch his hair fly clear across the room...  ;D

It could also be fun to reinact the Julia slaps Cassandra scene too (snicker). We'd have a lot of fun with that at my house. Acting out agression through dolls...it's a good thing. Just kiddin'...   LOL   ;) ;D

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 09:20:53 AM »
...the Julia or Barn  figure (or maybe even a Willie doll...yeah, how could I forget Willie. Geeze!  LOL) could smack him upside the head and watch his hair fly clear across the room...  ;D

Hey Heather....

Actually, if they made Jeff Clark with interchangeable heads, they could have the aged Charles Delaware Tate head and have it fall off completely!

:o
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 09:50:02 AM »
Hey Heather....

Actually, if they made Jeff Clark with interchangeable heads, they could have the aged Charles Delaware Tate head and have it fall off completely!  :o

LMAO... [wiping moisture from eyes]  Lordy, how could I forget that ?  Good one, Connie.  ;) 

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 11:52:48 AM »
I would like the real thing Please deliver The Q-man
to my house.   Love Anne
:-* :P ;D ;)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 06:04:50 PM »
Please deliver The Q-man
to my house.   Love Anne
:-* :P ;D ;)
Would you like that to be Priority Mail or Express Delivery Annie? ;D

Great looking action figures. Thanks for the link Doombuggy. ;D
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Nancy

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 07:15:38 PM »
Wow, three interchangeable Barnabas heads?

More bangs for your buck, I guess.;)

Nancy

There will be 3 changeable heads for Barnabas, including one with fangs, and the "Old Barnabas" from 1967.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 10:42:07 PM »
Hi Bobubas. I will would like that to Priority Mail
please and put on there " Handle With Care"
YUMMY!!!!!!!          Love Anne
:-* :P
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 04:39:27 AM »

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!  That is just too funny!!!!!!!

This is very cool news.  Of course, I am now counting the days until the Julia doll is released.  Personally, I'd love to see the company go all out and give us a Julia doll product line that rivals Mattel's Barbie line.  Imagine a line of Julia doll clothing and wigs, plus accessories, a carrying case, and such items as a sports car, townhouse, office, laboratory, and a camper van.   ;D  An entire "World of Julia" for fans of all ages!

John

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 04:43:49 AM »

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!  That is just too funny!!!!!!!

Oh for Christ's sake, I just got it.  Duh and LOL, Nancy!