Author Topic: The Frankensteins Meet the Collinses  (Read 590 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
The Frankensteins Meet the Collinses
« on: July 23, 2004, 12:44:20 PM »
On TCM last night was the original "Frankenstein". I know it may not be everyone's 'true to life/book fav', but I love it.

While watching it, made some observations:

After the monster knocks down Dr. F, his fiance Elizabeth ::) comforts him....her mannerism reminded me so much of Carolyln's (specifically, when Carolyn's hair is flattened down). Yes, I realize I probably wanted to see this, but still....

Karloff really plays the monster well...he was gawky like anyone, put together piece meal would be. He reminded me of an adolescent.

During the wedding...it reminded me alot of the Collins' way:

Give the peasants a little party and expect undying gratitude...the Frankensteins, like their American counterparts 'owned the town/burg/villlage.

Just some thoughts....have a good weekend,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
Re: The Frankensteins Meet the Collinses
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 11:09:15 PM »
bingo........and the scene with the monster being teased by Dr. Frankensteins assistant brings back KFC leg taunting by Willie to Adam......the only difference between a firery torch and a chicken leg is about $1.49 anyways.........and the moment when the Docs assistant sedates the monster with a needle to the back.........classic right out of Dr. Hoffmans magic medical bag!!!! :D
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.