Author Topic: Awesome Dark Shadows Site!  (Read 5757 times)

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
Re: Awesome Dark Shadows Site!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2004, 11:43:36 PM »
OMG, I cant believe my work actually had a thread without me starting it!!! Thanks all. How did you guys know it was me as the DarkShadowsAddict???

I've only seen the 1967 promo so far, and you're right-- it is WONDERFUL.  (Don't watch it if you haven't seen the Jason/Liz storyline... )  And yet it still managed to end with an exciting cliffhanger.

I actually hate that one!! :D the problem for me was the timing and the fact that I had already planned so much stuff to put in it. All the other promos, I had trouble finding stuff, while it was the opposite for this one. I also think it ran too long. I should have made it into 2 promos, one with Carolyn rebelling and the other with the climax of the storyline.

Whoever did the site sure seemed to know their coding even if it was on Angelfire and/or Geocities (I won't say my degoratory name for the place).  Too bad they can't get some real hosting.  Don't be surprised if you find the main site down from time to time.  You only get so much bandwidth per day on Geocities site and then it will disable.  The videos were really good!

Yea, i cant get real hosting because I'm really cheap, and plus I'm only 16 and dont have much money. But, I do well with the free stuff.

And yes, the main site has become a problem but i think it had to do with my older captures, (the ones taken by using a digital camera and shootin it at a Projection tv) being large files. I am basically cleaning out all those. And putting most of the pictures in separate galleries. The newer captures are ACTUAL captures and are a lot smaller and easier.
http://www.geocities.com/boxy86586/DarkShadowsAddict.html

I also had a wonderful time with "Mangelique."  I had similar thoughts about what one could do with the scene involved when I first played that video (a very happy day in Gothickland).  I had forgotten about Angelique's body movements which certainly do look, um, very sensuous.

I wish she would do a Hoffman/Angelique video!

:D When I first saw that scene of "Mangelique," I was shocked :o by the sexual tension between them. It felt like if the scene went longer, they would eventually kiss. It was crazy!!! So I HAD to do that!

And YES, Julia and Angie promo is coming soon, featuring that short soap style catfight between them. Be on the look out.

I'm really glad u guys enjoy these. Every since i started the promos, the number of monthly visitors doubled. And I plan on having a new layout around Jan. (my 2 year anniversary online.) I also plan to do more artwork, Like my TIME Covers of JAB (Julia and Barnabas) and Mojoe (Maggie & Joe.) I will do a Willolyn Time Cover (Willie and Carolyn) cause i always truly believed since Willie first debuted that this was a couple that the show missed or perhaps planne don, but never got the chance (since most of their otehr characters were paired) so i want to do that.

Thanks again to all.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 11:51:20 PM »
How did you guys know it was me as the DarkShadowsAddict???

The email link on your home page lists your screen name.  ;)

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2004, 12:00:36 AM »
The email link on your home page lists your screen name.  ;)

actually, updated my homepage link like an hour ago.

My site has gone haywire again! Did anyone go to it before it went wacko in the past hour??? Cuz i need to know which page that is causing it so i can fix it.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2004, 12:18:31 AM »
With Netscape, it's not wacko at all-- everything is working fine, and I'm able to play the promos.

Explorer is another story altogether.   :-

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2004, 12:21:18 AM »
 What a great site! I just love your Time Magazine cover of Julia and Barnabas.   :D

I sent the link on to the JuliaList. That page does keep becoming unavailable, but I have managed to view it several times.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004, 02:20:16 AM »
What a great site! I just love your Time Magazine cover of Julia and Barnabas.   :D

Yeah - what Bette said!  OMG, what a magazine cover for B&J (chuckle)!  Love it...thanks for sharing!  :-*

p.s. Midnite is right...with Netscape/Mozilla the site comes up okay...hmmm.

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 02:52:52 AM »
p.s. Midnite is right...with Netscape/Mozilla the site comes up okay...hmmm.

right now its ok. Its not till u start looking through the galleries that the problem shows up. Each time it happens, we have to wait 1 hr for it to be available again. So if you view just the main pages, its ok.

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2004, 03:03:06 AM »
I think I'm gonna go to photobucket.com and use that for my screen captures. Unless anyone can suggest a good FREE place that could handle high bandwidth.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2004, 03:53:24 PM »
HI there,

definitely agree with you about Willie and Carolyn... I thought John Karlen and Nancy Barrett had fantastic chemistry together when the series finally paired them at the very end as Melanie and Kendrick.

It must have been an arrangement that worked well all around since they played a husband and wife writer team, Claire and Alex Jenkins, in the second movie, Night of Dark Shadows.  If you haven't seen this, keep an eye peeled around Halloween--it runs sometimes on USA, or one of those channels.  I just watched the movie recently, and I *loved* the look Nancy had in it.  Karlen looked great too, with longer fluffier hair--he was so hot back then *sigh*

Grayson Hall has one of her best Shadows roles ever, as the "sinister" housekeeper, Carlotta Drake.

Best, Gothick

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2004, 08:27:40 PM »
definitely agree with you about Willie and Carolyn... I thought John Karlen and Nancy Barrett had fantastic chemistry together when the series finally paired them at the very end as Melanie and Kendrick.

It must have been an arrangement that worked well all around since they played a husband and wife writer team, Claire and Alex Jenkins, in the second movie, Night of Dark Shadows.

Yea, Nancy did have a good look in NODS. I dont know, she jsut started looking older during the end of the series, but when she was in NODS, she looked young again.

I really wish they had explored willie and Carolyn early on.  :'( I guess when they finally saw something good, it was too late.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »
If you haven't seen this, keep an eye peeled around Halloween--it runs sometimes on USA, or one of those channels.  I just watched the movie recently, and I *loved* the look Nancy had in it.  Karlen looked great too, with longer fluffier hair--he was so hot back then *sigh*

Not to worry, Steve.....I have the tape.... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2004, 09:15:02 PM »
Not to worry, Steve.....I have the tape.... ;)
I have a bootleg copy :D

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2004, 09:30:10 PM »
Hey, DStoDA, yeah, Nancy looked old when they were in 1995 because she was supposed to be old and "half-mad" (an expression I adore--I could swear I've been at least HALF-mad most of my life).

In 1840 when she played Letitia, they went back to the very theatrical make-up they had used on her in 1897 when she played Charity, possessed by the ghost of Pansy Faye.  I don't know whether you ever got to see 1897.  It's really great!

I recently watched the one episode long 1680 flashback and I thought Nancy's look in that was really stunning.  Very glamorous.

Good luck finding a new home for your site.  I did get to view the BAJ magazine cover this a.m.--great job!

G.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2004, 10:36:00 PM »
Hey, kid, you did a beautiful job on these. I love 'em!

Janet
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2004, 11:16:26 PM »
Hey, DStoDA, yeah, Nancy looked old when they were in 1995 because she was supposed to be old and "half-mad" (an expression I adore--I could swear I've been at least HALF-mad most of my life).

In 1840 when she played Letitia, they went back to the very theatrical make-up they had used on her in 1897 when she played Charity, possessed by the ghost of Pansy Faye.  I don't know whether you ever got to see 1897.  It's really great!

I recently watched the one episode long 1680 flashback and I thought Nancy's look in that was really stunning.  Very glamorous.

Good luck finding a new home for your site.  I did get to view the BAJ magazine cover this a.m.--great job!

I meant like in parallel time, and the leviathans, she started looking older like she was in her 30's. that was during her "wear little makeup" phase.

And I have seen all but the first 80 episodes of DS.

I actually not going to find a new home for my site. The main problem was the pictures, so im gonna relocate those at photobucket.com. Geocities is so easy to use so i think im gonna keep that as my home.