Author Topic: Calendar Query  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Calendar Query
« on: July 12, 2004, 09:14:22 PM »
Okay, next month there are 3 same b-days.

I remember playing on the phrase LBJ last year (it's LizGrayson's, Bobubas' and Jase b-days. (Hence the LBJ.)

I've seen it as recently as Saturday on the calendar, now, Bobubas isn't there. An event: Terry308? I believe is there (a b-day?)...did this 'kick' Bobubas' b-day out (space constraint)....or, did Bobubas just want his off??

(Just don't want my Bobubas' b-day not getting NOTICED!!)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Calendar Query
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 10:50:02 PM »
An event: Terry308? I believe is there (a b-day?)

Yes, August 5 is also Terry308's b.d.  It's just not entered into her profile, but it's on the private birthday list that Dom and I use to keep track of birthdays.

...did this 'kick' Bobubas' b-day out (space constraint)

No.

....or, did Bobubas just want his off??

You would have to ask him, username Bobubas.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 07:40:04 AM »
FELLOW COUSINS PLEASE READ!

Both ProfStokes and I noticed that many cousins have been omitted from the birthday list.  (We even noticed she was missing!  Yipes!)  When we got our new mod, I think it changed some things around.

So, here is what to do....  Please go to your profile.  Click on the button that is located at the top and bottom of the page.  It says, "profile".  On the left hand side of that page, please click on "forum profile information."  Scroll down until you see the fields for birthdate.  Please be sure to fill this out.

If you don't want the other cousins to know your age, type in the year as "0000." Scroll down some more and click on "change profile."  It will return you to the same window.  This is normal.  Then, check the calendar to double check to see that you are there.  There is a button at the top and bottom of the page as well.

Ok, all done!   Now, no one can forget about you on your special day unless you want to be forgotten!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 08:43:27 AM »
Both ProfStokes and I noticed that many cousins have been omitted from the birthday list.  (We even noticed she was missing!  Yipes!)  When we got our new mod, I think it changed some things around.

If you're referring to the June 1st switch from YaBB SE to SMF, that's not quite true. I checked a backup of the database that I'd done on January 19, 2004 (in preparation to switch Web hosts) and ProfStokes' birthday was listed as '0000-00-00' then. Interestingly, though, in the backup that I'd done on August 8, 2003, her birthday was listed as '1984-04-08'. So, if something weird did happen that might have caused some birthdays to mysteriously disappear from some people's profiles, whatever it was would have occurred between August 8th and January 19th. Though don't ask what it could have possibly been...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 04:08:45 PM »
Both ProfStokes and I noticed that many cousins have been omitted from the birthday list.[/color][/size]

Actually, the birthday list is in the possession of the forum moderators.  Through some periods, helpful volunteers such as WidowsHill and Kimbrough have handled the acknowledgements, which has been great, but we've always had ultimate responsibility for it.

Anyway, some forum members prefer to not list their birthdays in their profiles, but that's a separate issue from whether or not someone wants their birthday announced when it comes up.  When a birthday isn't posted on the forums there may be a reason for it, so if you ever wonder why an announcement was skipped please feel free to privately ask one of the mods and we'll tell you yay or nay on announcing it, and of course we do make mistakes (oops).  And when a birthday is dropped from someone's profile it may be because they removed it and as I alluded to earlier in this topic the best course of action is to privately ask the member.