Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0934  (Read 982 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0934
« on: May 18, 2015, 06:20:09 AM »
Robservations #934

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0934

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:04:12 PM »
Farewell, Amanda. To my mind, this marks the final end of the 1897 story.

There's no evidence of an evidence bag as the sheriff picks up Paul's coat with his bare hands to send to the lab.

Megan is in full Leviathan zombie mode as she gloats that the creature won't get caught. But Philip can't hide his loathing.

Julia tells the sheriff about Paul's last words, which the sheriff notes carefully: monster, room upstairs, dark boards, basement room--and breathing, always breathing.

Elizabeth phones the antique shop to tell Megan that Paul Stoddard is dead. I’m going to walk over to Collinwood, Megan tells Philip. Grinning, she says, I will look very sad and help console my good friend Carolyn Stoddard. She assures Philip, You have nothing to worry about. He is very quiet now. Besides, she finishes mockingly, I told him not to hurt you.

Professor Stokes apparently shares the same phone number as Collinwood and a few other places too: 4099! The sheriff hangs up and tells Julia and Stokes that a search warrant will be ready in an hour. Naturally Julia wants to come along, despite the sheriff’s warnings that it might be dangerous.

Philip is still alone at the shop when Julia and the sheriff arrive. He could hardly look guiltier or more terrified when the sheriff brandishes the warrant. It’s no mistake, the sheriff assures him: Paul Stoddard mentioned the shop in his dying words. Now poor Philip has to go through the charade of just learning that Paul is dead. Paul was very disturbed, Philip says, and you shouldn’t take seriously anything he said. Philip definitely doesn’t want the sheriff to look around and fiddles with the hammer as he says they’ve had a death in the family. The sheriff promises to make the search as short as possible. Unhappily Philip takes the other two upstairs and tries to lead them past “Michael”’s room, but the sheriff asks whose room it is. It belonged to the child who died, Philip reples truthfully, then adds, There’s nothing in it. Please don’t defile it, he says desperately. The sheriff asks Julia, who confirms that this is the room at the top of the stairs that Paul spoke of. Sheriff Davenport is apologetic to Philip but insists he must open the door. Philip watches fearfully as the sheriff draws his pistol and turns the doorknob. Who--or what--awaits them inside?.....

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:48:10 PM »
I've seen this twice but can't say I remember it to comment with any accuracy but what does come to memory is how much I was into Philip's character from about the time he tried to save Maggie in the secret passageway/room to the end of the storyline.

I wonder if Bernau was ever considered or if he considered returning in another role.

At the risk of sounding like an amorous teen, I really dug his voice and his authoritative/insistant presence as Philip during this period.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »
Well, we all have characters and/or arcs that we don't like.

GOOD bye Amanda (i c k)

When Julia was listening to Qs prob, and she said that there's a problem he could help with now, I thought she might mention, oh, I don't know, perhaps CHRIS?????????????????

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 03:43:47 PM »
Well, yes, she could have, but then we wouldn't have the great scene with Quentin and Chris that is coming up soon. It's one of the best in the series, and I wish we could have had more like it.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 05:32:57 PM »
 [pointing-up]  Indeed - I totally agree.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 03:36:50 AM »
Another Grayson VO.  Farewell, Amanda Harris!!!!!  She's the only person I have ever truly wanted to call "whiny".  She certainly did not come through it like a trouper.  Even her death, accomplished by dropping some dirt on McKechnie's head, doesn't soften this impression.  I don't think: poor thing, she may have been loud and complaining, but her fears were well founded...  She battered away at Q, about how she was SO terrified, what if that happens!!!  What if this other thing happens!!!  What will we do?!  WHAT?!  Run!!  Stop screaming!!  Keep moving!!  No, don't turn back when you're already halfway across the rickety bridge!!!  Does she think it's "safe" back there?  Can she camp out there the rest of her life?  Take Elmer Fudd's sage advice:  Be vewy vewy quiet.

She should have asked Best to let her entourage to come along with her on this trip.  She's no good without her handlers.

Welcome Sheriff Davenport!  It seems Megan has gone up and had a conversation with the creature.  How?  Meg the carpenter!  Good for her, repairing the window boards!  I need her to come by and do my windows.  I need light out of my bedroom every bit as much as It does.  She can handle everything now seemingly.  She's becoming the fearless, capable boss, whereas up till recently, she was overwhelmed by insecurities and moods and fears. 

The sheriff searches the shop, and based especially on Phillip's obviously guilty begging, goes into the Room.  End.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor