Author Topic: 16 Magazine DS Scans - The Complete Collection!  (Read 2968 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
16 Magazine DS Scans - The Complete Collection!
« on: July 09, 2004, 06:32:01 PM »
Ohkeedohkee!

I finally got all the DS related stuff from what was left of the two ancient 16 Magazines scanned and posted .  You can access everything from at the following location:

http://castlebee.bravepages.com/DS_16MagScans/DarkShadows_16MagScans.htm

One big disappointment for Don Briscoe fans (including myself) came when I was going throught the Table of Contents in the March issue and see, "Sweetheart of the Month, page 53, Don Briscoe in Color".  Apparently I decided to remove that pin-up and add it to my wall back when.  If it still exists and shows up somewhere else during my on-going summer of 2004 cleaning marathon (I still need to hit the attic, so you never know!) I'll post it.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy these. The articles and writing style really cracks me up!  ;D
[/size]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: 16 Magazine DS Scans - The Complete Collection!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 07:41:25 PM »
I love these!  They jogged my memory, too-- I remember those whole true story synopses in 16.

And call me easily entertained, but I found Selby's "secret date booK" hysterical.

Thank you for taking the time, CastleBee.  Somebody didn't like David Jay, hee hee.

{Duh, I didn't know End of the Road had an X rating.  Was it because of the abortion scene?  But I don't recall it being all that graphic.}

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 08:49:26 PM »
{Duh, I didn't know End of the Road had an X rating.  Was it because of the abortion scene?  But I don't recall it being all that graphic.}

I can't remember too much because I've only been able to sit through that godawful movie once. I seem to remember lots of nudity and weird behavior. The only good thing about that movie was the wonderful close-up of the glorious Grayson.

Oh, and the fact that she shed the top half of her two-piece bathing suit in front of Stacy Keach before she applied her tongue to his face.   :o

Bette
(where's the emoticon for blushing when you need it!)
Life works if you let it

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 09:10:09 PM »
CastleBee,

This is the best webpage I've seen in a long time!  Just love this stuff.  It's priceless!  Thanks so much for taking the time and all.  Like someone else said (I forget who), I WISH I still had all my old 16's, Tiger Beats, etc.  Oh yeah - and Afternoon TV's!  It's great seeing scans from some 70's magazines 'cause by then I didn't get 16 in the mail anymore.  (I'd outgrown it)  (HA!  Don't know how that could have happened 'cause I'm sure not too grown for it now!)   ;D

Love the picture of I think it's Pennock?  Where part of it is cut out because Bobby Sherman was on the back!  ROTFL

And yes!  That picture of Selby where you commented on his eyes......Ah... :-*   So sweet.

Thank you again.
love
CLC  (packing my backpack for a trek through the wilderness with you-know-who)

PS  Your webpage was immediately added to my favorite places.   ;)  ;D  ;)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 09:21:49 PM »
I can't remember too much because I've only been able to sit through that godawful movie once. I seem to remember lots of nudity and weird behavior. The only good thing about that movie was the wonderful close-up of the glorious Grayson.

Same here about only being able to see it once, ha ha!  Thanks for the info.  :)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 10:40:35 PM »
Hi CastleBee thanks for the wonderful website
and also for sharing it with us!!!  Love those
Blue eyes on David Selby YUMMY!!!!!!!!!
             Love Anne
:-*
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 10:53:45 PM »

Oh, and the fact that she shed the top half of her two-piece bathing suit in front of Stacy Keach before she applied her tongue to his face.   :o

Somehow, someday, I  gotta see *that* scene.   :o   ;D  Thanks for the info, Bette!  ;)  :-*

And many thanks Castlebee for sharing the site with us! I enjoyed that...nice work!  :)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 11:07:59 AM »
And call me easily entertained, but I found Selby's "secret date booK" hysterical.
I know! It was so obvious even back then that the actors, other than posing for a few snap shots now and then, had very little or nothing to do with any of this stuff.  I think most of it was written by kids our own age at the time. No, wait, we would have done a more realistic job!

Somebody didn't like David Jay, hee hee.
I'm not sure who the "artist" was on that one, but I seem to recall that my sister and I both thought he seemed like a little brat.

PS  Your webpage was immediately added to my favorite places.
Thanks Connie, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Things are slow (as usual) during the summer at work so I have to find ways of entertaining myself in between projects. That seems to be one of the actual job requirements for my current position. Luckily, I've become pretty resourceful at finding ways to do it.  ;D
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline victoriawinters

• Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 01:32:33 AM »
Yes, I can bake bread and I'll be right over....  That David Selby secret date book is too to be believed.

You've done a great job with the scans Castlebee.  Thanks for sharing your collection with us.

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004, 03:56:42 AM »
I loved the scans! thank you for sharing. Did anyone but me notice the glaring inaccuracy :o of the Gossip in #9?? Dennis Patrick is listed as portraying both Paul Stoddard and early on in Dark Shadows he played the part of Paul Stoddard's best friend BURK DEVLIN? I wonder how many letters they got about that. ;D

LdyAnne

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 09:05:17 PM »
Thanks so much!!

I couldn't see everthing ....especially....THE LOVE QUIZ WITH DAVID H.!!! :(

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 03:29:25 AM »

I couldn't even sit  thru the whole thing once. . i FF that catatonic scene at the beginning ..to Keach laying in bed (doing only lord knows what to himself) I stopped it when he was crawling on the beach on top of Grayson .. of course then i was in shock for the next 5 to 7 minutes.. .GOOD GOD how could she?? Well i know why she did it .. to get around her type casting but still . .wow .. i still blush when i think about the places Stacey Keach's hands need not have been .. .
Julia99

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004, 04:13:13 PM »
Well i know why she did it .. to get around her type casting but still . .wow .. i still blush when i think about the places Stacey Keach's hands need not have been .. .

That made me think about the other day when I was looking around on Ebay for Dark Shadows stuff and and accidently ran across a rather steamy photo of John Karlen and an actress in a shower scene. It was taken from a film done in the '70's but I don't remember the title.  Like you Julia99 - I was a bit  :o  and  :-[. I think it was mainly because it caught me completely off guard.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 04:23:52 PM »
That movie would be "Daughters of Darkness", Castlebee.

;D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 07:53:06 PM »
I couldn't even sit  thru the whole thing once. . i FF that catatonic scene at the beginning ..to Keach laying in bed (doing only lord knows what to himself) I stopped it when he was crawling on the beach on top of Grayson .. of course then i was in shock for the next 5 to 7 minutes.. .GOOD GOD how could she?? Well i know why she did it .. to get around her type casting but still . .wow .. i still blush when i think about the places Stacey Keach's hands need not have been .. .

:o   :o

Thanks for the warning. I'd still want to see it, though (don't hit me)...

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*