Author Topic: So close,  (Read 657 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
So close,
« on: March 21, 2002, 03:43:17 AM »
I haven't watched Wed's ep yet, this comment is on Tuesday's. Watching Barney with Angie was excruciating in its possibilities. IF he hadn't been so unbending and IF she wasn't so obsessed, they were so close to having been able to make it as a couple!

Think of it, she had hurt him and Sarah, but neither was permanently harmed, yet.  I think I can say that nothing was done at that time that couldn't be forgiven. Josette and Jeremiah? All's fair in love and war. I could almost see Barney making a deal that she give up her witchcraft and stop making trouble, in exchange for his real love.  And then the Collins family could have lived happily ever after, probably even in parallel universes!

OK, I admit finding out that your wife had sabotaged your own true love and marriage, injured you and your young sister, as well as maliciously casting the blame on an innocent person would have to be disheartening at best. Trusting her in the future would be a little, hmmm, tentative? (Ya think?) And we all know that Ang would never really give up her jealousy and powers of darkness, and that what she calls love isn't.

But still, it coulda been a contender!

8)
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: So close,
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 12:45:05 PM »
It sure sounds nice Kuanyin, but I seriously doubt that Angelique would ever give it all up. When she was at Jeremiah's grave the night that Ben rescued her, she promised then to change her bad habits and never harm anyone again.  Unfortunately, the next day after she was married, she was right back at it again trying to harm Vicky. If it wasn't Vicky, then it would have been some other poor unsuspecting soul.  The sad thing is that she finally got everything she fought and schemed for and then she totally ruins it by casting a spell on Vicky.   ;)    
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: So close,
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2002, 05:57:51 PM »
I must agree with Cassandra.  I think the boat for any chance Barnabas and Angelique had together had sailed long before yesterday's episodes.

If Angelique had stopped with the witchcraft and the jealousy directly after promising to do so, theymight have been able to cobble some kind of marriage together.  

Now?  Like Kuanyin said, trust issues would be too hard to overcome.

Main problem here is that Angelique is mistaking want for reality.  She wants Barnabas to love her, therefore Barnabas must love her, but deep down she knows he doesn't.  It's a weird kind of denial mixed up with something else, extreme narcissism??? Not sure how to explain what I think better . . .

Luciaphil

"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga