Author Topic: Odds & Ends Questions  (Read 1733 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Odds & Ends Questions
« on: June 30, 2004, 08:36:01 PM »
Okay, first, I sent someone an IM, but wanted to make a change.

I went to my mailbox, clicked on outbox, but there was only older stuff there. I don't usually send alot of ims on here, but I know I've sent about 4-5 this week; none were there.

I didn't think it would work, but I just kept clicking back on my browser. I made the change, but it said that I already clicked it...whatever.

Is there a way (within a reasonable amount of time) to 'edit' one's IMs on here?

Next...uh...the avatars. I'm sure lots of people watch anime, but, it doesn't seem really like too many people on this board 'get into it'.

(Sorry for the atrocious grammar!!)

Is there a way to 'send back' say pics (and I'm just using an example, I'm not sure of the pic#s) 800-900, and get anything else? (Seasonal is always good, shoot, Archie/Betty/Veronica float my boat, especially compared to anime!!)

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Odds & Ends Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 09:16:26 PM »
Okay, first, I sent someone an IM, but wanted to make a change.

I went to my mailbox, clicked on outbox, but there was only older stuff there. I don't usually send alot of ims on here, but I know I've sent about 4-5 this week; none were there.

This system doesn't save outgoing PMs by default. If you want a copy of a PM to be saved in your outbox, you need to check the box to the left of where it says "Save a copy in my outbox".

Is there a way (within a reasonable amount of time) to 'edit' one's IMs on here?

Nope.

Next...uh...the avatars. I'm sure lots of people watch anime, but, it doesn't seem really like too many people on this board 'get into it'.

(Sorry for the atrocious grammar!!)

Is there a way to 'send back' say pics (and I'm just using an example, I'm not sure of the pic#s) 800-900, and get anything else? (Seasonal is always good, shoot, Archie/Betty/Veronica float my boat, especially compared to anime!!)

If you mean is it possible to get more avatars, sure. There are plenty of sites out there whose sole purpose is to provide avatars for people to use on forums like this. So, if you come across any avatars that you think we might like to add, just point us in the direction of that site and we'll be happy to evaluate them.  ;)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 12:40:56 AM »
If you mean is it possible to get more avatars, sure. There are plenty of sites out there whose sole purpose is to provide avatars for people to use on forums like this. So, if you come across any avatars that you think we might like to add, just point us in the direction of that site and we'll be happy to evaluate them.  ;)

Well, I googled to find avatars (I typed in downloadable avatars), not too great...anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 12:43:12 AM »
More Odds & Ends Questions:

First, is there now no "10 per day" limit on posting? (I don't think I've posted more than 10 per, but, I don't see the numbers per day listed).

Also, are we not cousins anymore? On the main board, it'll mention "Users" and "guests" (what's the difference?).

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 03:18:40 AM »
First, is there now no "10 per day" limit on posting? (I don't think I've posted more than 10 per, but, I don't see the numbers per day listed).

I guess you'd find out if you posted 11 times in one 24 hour period (keeping in mind that forum time usually isn't OUR time)...but I wouldn't post throw-away posts just to see what happened.....who knows what awful retribution might befall you?...... :o

Also, are we not cousins anymore?
Of course we are, cuz....but I'm guessing being called "cousins" must have been something MB created and he probably hasn't had time to re-create whatever it was for this new system.

On the main board, it'll mention "Users" and "guests" (what's the difference?).

Users are registered members of the forum and guests are not.  :D

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 04:39:18 AM »
Well, I googled to find avatars (I typed in downloadable avatars), not too great...anyone have any suggestions?

I quickly typed in "avatars"+free and got tons of sites.  What sort of avatars are you looking for?  Why don't you try making one of your own??!

;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 01:22:13 AM »
Quote from: MysteriousB
So, if you come across any avatars that you think we might like to add, just point us in the direction of that site and we'll be happy to evaluate them.

Okay...what criterion do I need to look at? HTML/YabbSe? Beta? PhP/myservice query language?

Quote from: Connie
Why don't you try making one of your own??!

Lolololololol chortle...good one honey...waddya do for an encore (Patti doing artwork...lololol).
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 03:05:05 AM »
Okay...what criterion do I need to look at? HTML/YabbSe? Beta? PhP/myservice query language?

JPG, GIF or PNG files. For example, the name of the avatar you're currently using is 57.png and the name of my avatar is mysterious.gif  :)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 03:47:26 AM »
the name of my avatar is mysterious.gif  :)

Chortle...

Okay, back to polishing your shrine... ;)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*