Author Topic: happy birthday!  (Read 3254 times)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Re: happy birthday!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2004, 06:15:24 AM »
Opps, had too much brandy from that decanter to celebrate the day. *hic

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2004, 08:28:21 AM »
I went to the cliffs overlooking Laguna Beach and listened for the wailing of the widows......it was a joy to hear the waves crashing over the rocks below.....and i will never forgive Matthew Morgan for giving Malloy a little push over the edge :-[
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2004, 09:30:13 AM »
Happy Birthday Dark Shadows!
I think I'll celebrate by dusting off some of the old 45's I have, (haven't listened to them in years!) mainly the one of Quentin's theme and try them out.

And a great big THANKS to Midnite, MB & Dom for the hard work you do in maintaining this board!!  :-* :-* :-*

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2004, 10:54:07 AM »
Has it really been that many years? A toast to the best television show ever! I salute the mods and all the fans that post on this forum.

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2004, 01:23:23 PM »
I hadn't bothered to read this thread right away (another birthday thread, ho hum ...  ::) ) so I didn't know the "birthday" referred to "Dark Shadows" 's anniversary.  So I missed the day, but I guess I celebrated it without knowing, since I watched Dan Curtis's "The Love Letter" again.  Although not spooky, it shares a couple of parallels with DS:  a letter (actually more than one) transmitted across the centuries via a hidden compartment in an old desk; and lovers finally reunited in another time thanks to reincarnation!

Then I had some odd experiences myself, what with time traveling on this board and an early hours earthquake ...  So I guess these odd events were fitting and memorable for a Dark Shadows anniversary!
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2004, 06:24:54 PM »
Dark Shadows is 38--hooray!

*face suddenly FALLS as realizes just how OLD that makes him feel*

Great montage, MB!

Steve

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 09:48:57 PM »
Forgot to ask ... did anyone do anything with a drunken sailor?

;)

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2004, 12:36:57 AM »
as i said i would, i watched episode 1 (and 2)tonight.i hadn't seen them for a long time.i forgot how cooly regal liz was.and how cool the exterior shots were.but as i watched vicki and carolyn and maggie in these eps. i found myself saddened.to see these beautiful young girls, full of hopes and dreams for themselves, and to know that they basically become nothing but put-upon victims for whatever monster-of-the-week the show's writer's threw out there later in the show's run, i found it sad. :'(
i must appologize for this maudlin post.i worked myself into a champagne-induced state of sentimentality.i hope i didn't "bring down" the mood on d.s.'s b-day. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2004, 02:19:51 AM »
i must appologize for this maudlin post.i worked myself into a champagne-induced state of sentimentality.i hope i didn't "bring down" the mood on d.s.'s b-day. ::)

It didn't bother me, mscbryk...heck, I get sentimental ALL the time.  LOL  The most important thing is that you celebrated the day with a DS kinda flair.  ;)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2004, 02:47:32 AM »

You didn't bring down the discussion at all. Your summation of what those three characters' lives would become is absolutely true, and we've all lamented that at one time or another. There's never any need to apologize for simply stating the truth.  :)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2004, 04:52:52 AM »
thanks guys...i'm forever torn about the show.while i love alot of the supernatural elements the show introduces during it's run i will forever wonder what would have become of our lovely three had their lives continued on a normal path. :-*
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2004, 06:48:06 PM »
Happy Birthday, Dark Shadows- take comfort that I will always be older than you... but not always as entertaining.
I took Jennifer's cue, and watched a few DS episodes on its birthday (ones with Chris Jennings/Don Briscoe... and special bonus, Julia Hoffman/Grayson Hall wearing her nightie in 2 back-to-back episodes). 

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2004, 09:09:53 PM »
Happy Birthday DS.  38 years ago!!!  I am getting old.  But at least DS is holding my hand.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2004, 04:40:07 PM »
Happy belated BD to DS! Gosh, how I loved the show when I was a kid. Collecting just about everything I found related to DS. Waiting for the next issue of 16 Magazine and Tiger Beat (etc.) to hit the magazine rack, getting yelled at by the store owner not to read them before buying - but heck, I wasn't going to buy them if they didn't have DS within! Heh. Back then my fave pix were the ones of Selby and Frid from the 1897 period, all that makeup, old clothes, and added backdrop color. Couldn't get enough of it!

Then there was the paperback book store where I had to beg the owners to go to the 'back room' to unpack the deliveries to see if any new Ross novels had arrived. I remember they had crystal balls under the counter for sale and I wanted one SO bad! (That was when I was in my 'Magda phase'. ::) Was intent on naming my first born girl Magda, lol. Needless to say, that DIDN'T happen!) Was $45.00 for the smaller one. Didn't have that kind of money back then - some things never change, lol.

...and I too thank MB & Midnite for this great place to revisit my old obbsession. And to get cyberly acquainted with a bunch of great fellow fans.

As for thanking me, well, thanks, but it's really MB and Midnite who make this the best (IMHO) DS place on the internet. Me? I'm just the resident nun with ruler in hand, lol. Thanks, to those who haven't held it against me.   :-*

And thanx to Al Gore for inventing the internet, lol!