Author Topic: Time for Mail  (Read 810 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Time for Mail
« on: June 10, 2004, 01:06:15 AM »
Well, I just sent a cousin an INSTANT message; then jotted another quick note to another cousin.

The error message...Your last post less than 120 sec. ago from you IP, please try again, yada yada came up??

It wasn't a post, but an INSTANT message.

Then, while the message was still there, I was watching the puter clock AND my watch; more than 180 seconds elapsed, still same message. >:(

Patti

Yes...I'm sure some of you were dying to know this!!
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Time for Mail
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 02:10:41 AM »
The error message...Your last post less than 120 sec. ago from you IP, please try again, yada yada came up??

It wasn't a post, but an INSTANT message.

Subject: **Conversion Day is HERE!**, reply #17 sez:

"... I probably should explain that the 120 second limit on posting ... now includes any combination of posting and personal messaging.  In other words, after you send a PM you're required to wait 120 seconds before you can submit a post or send another PM, or if you start by making a post you then have to wait... you get the picture. ..."

Then, while the message was still there, I was watching the puter clock AND my watch; more than 180 seconds elapsed, still same message. >:(

Also there:

"BTW, if you get a 120 second limit error message, figure on having to wait another 120 seconds..."

The full message is on this board.