Author Topic: Murky Memory - Question  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Murky Memory - Question
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:57:06 PM »
Since I can't remember the story arc, sorry if this 'spoils' a scene for some (although, I doubt it).

I was just vaguely remembering....a hanging.

IIRC, Roger Davis' ghost is hanging from......(chandelier?) and somebody sees it and is terrified.

I believe it was the anti-continuity RD/Jeff from the re-visit of 1796 because he had been hanged right after Vicki.

I don't remember who was so scared. I don't mean 'regular scared', as if I saw a ghostly body hanging; this had something to do with....?
Was it Laura, I'm leaning towards Leviathan, though I don't know why.

I don't believe it was any of the Collins' proper (which would NOT include IMHO Barn or Quentin), but Liz,Roger, Carolyn or David.

What story arc is this from....help me fill in the blanks please.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Murky Memory - Question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 06:16:53 PM »
No prob! This is coming up in the Leviathan story arc, and you are right about the anti-continuity arc aspect (although really, which arc isn't?). I believe David sees the apparition.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 09:28:28 PM »
Jeb disobeys one of the book's rules (Don't kill your enemies, as their ghosts will make more powerful enemies). The ghostly revenge would have been far more effective if it had been [spoiler]Paul Stoddard[/spoiler] rather than[spoiler]Peter Bradford[/spoiler].
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 12:11:16 AM »
The storyline occurred, if I recall correctly, because Dennis Patrick had to go shoot a film.  A lot of actors on DS worked without a contract, and if DCP had no contract with Dennis Patrick, there would have been no legal obligation to keep him from walking out before the Paul Stoddard storyline in Leviathans had reached its conclusion.

This led eventually to one of the most ridiculous moments in all DS production history... but that is another topic for another time...

cheers, G.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 02:29:05 AM »
Even though I was a tween watching this plot-line unfold towards its end (and I actually loved it for the most part - my only disappointment was not seeing the creature in its original form), I thought the whole, ahem, Vicki's-boyfriend-from-the-past wanting revenge for what the creature did to Vicki, even though it was unreleased back then (but then maybe it was and they blew it for some reason-or-another, which might've worked if it had been explained out) as just silly.  How could a human spook harm a creature older than the human species? 

Gerard

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 02:51:33 AM »
The How to Kill a Leviathan changes several times over the course of the story. Aside from what has already been discussed, I think that drowning is mentioned, as well as the wolf that walks like a man. [spoiler]Though I will admit that death by paper cutout is not something I saw coming![/spoiler]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 07:05:57 AM »
Hee hee, Uncle Roger!  :D  :D
Josette

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 09:37:21 PM »
(and I actually loved it for the most part - my only disappointment was not seeing the creature in its original form), I thought the whole, ahem, Vicki's-boyfriend-from-the-past

HA HA...good way of stating 'h i m'

Ha!

Patti
What a Woman!