Author Topic: OT:  The B***h  is back!  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
OT:  The B***h  is back!
« on: March 20, 2002, 05:18:25 PM »
Hey fellow babies!  I just returned from an exhausting 2 weeks on the Continent.  London (where I saw Vanessa Redgrave live and in person at the Haymarket Theatre! in Oscar Wilde's Lady Windemere's Fan), Belgium (Manneken Pis anyone?), 7 hours in Paris for a tour of the catacombs--6 million skeletons, and we think DS is trippy. . .3 days in Barcelona!  O my god those people eat at midnight, stay out 'til 6:00 a.m. and drink stuff that made my lips numb!  What a great time!  Can't wait to go back.  . Of course I now need to loose the 7 lbs that came back with me. . .

What controversy did I miss, shall I start one??  So glad to see we are going to keep track of Roger Davies's hair pulls now that the cigarette and strangle tallys are done.
[/b]
Julia99

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: OT:  The B***h  is back!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2002, 05:48:09 PM »
Welcome home Julia99...

I think you've just described the perfect trip to Paris: Stay for just 7 hours (enough time for 2 fabulous meals) and spend it with Dead Parisiennes instead of Live ones!!

Really, how did you ever force yourself to leave after only 7 hours in that stunningly beautiful city?  You didn't spend the whole 7 hours in the Catacombs, did you!!??
Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2002, 06:05:33 PM »
Ohhhhh!  I forgot the most hysterical part!  I am in a Barcelona restaurant (Maison David-well bar/dive) in this tiny little alley with laundry hanging over our heads. . .when this friend of a friend, Alex, who's father was Col Juan Peron's personal librarian (yes for real!) started talking about Dark Shadows!  How he and his friends luved to play BARNABEES Collins and HULIA Hoffman when  he was a child in Argentina!!
Its almost universal. . [wow]  
Julia99

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2002, 06:16:57 PM »
Hey, Julia, welcome home!

Whadchya get us?  Any T-shirts?  Ashtrays with a picture of the Louvre in the bottom?  Shampoo bottles shaped like the Eiffel Tower?  Some Spanish Flies?  It's great you had a good time, but next time stay in Paris longer!  I ate at Lassiere with a friend, treating him for his birthday.  What a treat - with tip and everything, it came to almost $500.  Thank goodness for credit cards.

Gerard

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2002, 06:34:40 PM »
Julia,
Had an experience similar to the one you had in Spain. When Linda and I were on our honeymoon in St Thomas, we took a boat trip to St. John which is very rual in comparison to St. Thomas.  We were waiting to get back on the boat to return to St Thomas when one of the natives came up and asked us if we could spare a few dollars. While I was getting her a few bucks she noticed my DS Tshirt, (I was wearing one of the MPI shirts of Barnabas) her eyes got great big and she began saying, " I know Dark Shadows, Angelique! Angelique! she was very bad".

It was kind of eerie being so close to the West Indies and having one of the nativies standing there with a gleam in her eyes and talking about Angelique.

I very grasiously gave her a few dollars so I wouldnt get hexed!

Its amazing how well known DS is.

Also even though I dont know you, welcome back, (by the way love your attitude!)

I look forward to hearing more from you.

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2002, 01:59:09 AM »
Hello Julia! New to board. Remembered this when you mentioned being in Paris. I have been trying unsuccessfully to find Grayson's film "Qui etes- vous, Polly Maggoo?" Was it only released in France? Any thoughts?

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2002, 03:20:29 AM »

What controversy did I miss, shall I start one??.color]

I knew something was missing but I couldn't put my finger on it.  Glad to see you are back and ready to sock it to us! ;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2002, 03:20:48 AM »
Hello Julia! New to board. Remembered this when you mentioned being in Paris. I have been trying unsuccessfully to find Grayson's film "Qui etes- vous, Polly Maggoo?" Was it only released in France? Any thoughts?

I did try to have some friends in France secure a copy of Polly Maggoo but since I was provided a videotape of it, I stopped looking. (And sorry no, I can't make a copy for you.)  It is hard to find since Klein was not popular here due to a Vietnam documentary, I believe.  Too bad for Grayson, 1 film rated X and another banned in the U.S., she had some poor luck, didn't she?  
Julia99

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2002, 04:15:49 AM »
"I have been trying unsuccessfully to find Grayson's film "Qui etes- vous, Polly Maggoo?" Was it only released in France? Any thoughts?"

The film shows up on ebay from time to time, I saw it again a few weeks ago.  Was going to bid on it, but of course forgot until it was too late...no matter I suppose, since my French is pretty deplorable...

MrsJ.

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
Re: OT: The B***h is back!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2002, 04:22:21 AM »
About Polly Maggoo--it has been showing up on Ebay quite a bit lately, both with subtitles and without. Keep your eyes open and you should be able to pick up a copy.  :)

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
Re: OT: The B***h is back!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2002, 04:34:30 AM »
Welcome back J99  [wavey]

Sounds like a great trip. We missed you over on that "other" List.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2002, 10:56:10 AM »
Welcome back, Julia!!  It really sounds wonderful!!! How lucky for you.

That's amazaing about the DS story.  Had you brought up the subject and he was a fan too, or was it coincidence that he mentioned it?

Josette

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2002, 06:58:45 PM »
Regarding Polly Magoo, when I was in Paris a couple of years ago, we happened down a street and there was some sort of club called "Polly Magoo".  It was closed at the time, but it had these enormous Japanese lanterns in the windows and looked interesting.  Wonder if there's any connection to the film . . .

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2002, 07:32:38 PM »
Welcome Back Julia!!![hello][/glow]

Missed Ya!  Glad you had a super time!  We've been misbehaving quite well while you've been gone![nuts]

[shadow=teal,left,300]Always, Minja[/shadow]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2002, 02:13:36 AM »
About Polly Maggoo--it has been showing up on Ebay quite a bit lately, both with subtitles and without. Keep your eyes open  and you should be able to pick up a copy.  :-)

Bette

Thanks to all of you for the info! You all are fun and helpful. :-*