Author Topic: Night of the Iguana - tonight - 6/4  (Read 4567 times)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Night of the Iguana - tonight - 6/4
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 09:24:22 AM »
All the missing smileys should be back before too long.  :)

Well, that's good to hear.  I really don't know what to do with myself when I'm not waving like an idiot.   ;D
By the way, things are looking nice on here -- the AVATARS in particular.  They're much clearer and seem better proportioned somehow.

And speaking of Oscar nominations, I'd like to nominate a couple of new avatars on here (at least I've never seen them before) as Avatars of the Week.  They crack me up.

Heather's:  The great picture of Julia and the words: "Barnabas, is that a stake in your pocket or...."
and
Midnite's:  "No One Mourns The Wicked" with the picture of Cassandra with that SMILE!  What a look!

ROTFL   ;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2004, 04:28:34 PM »
Gee, Connie i'd set him free and then well.......
We won't go there   !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-X ;D
         Love Anne 8) ;D ;)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2004, 09:32:28 PM »
I think Dom's avatars are always hysterical the current Sleeveless in Detroit. . my god!  And yours Connie.. get a little saying under it. . I know your humor and I've got HIGH expectations--is Quentin whispering something naughty to distraught Julia?"

J99 who just posted a new avatar (a stunning headshot of GH in early early to mid 50s i'd say --but not coming across so well here. . .maybe have to retry.)

Julia99

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 04:04:09 AM »
And speaking of Oscar nominations, I'd like to nominate a couple of new avatars on here (at least I've never seen them before) as Avatars of the Week.  They crack me up.

Heather's:  The great picture of Julia and the words: "Barnabas, is that a stake in your pocket or...."

Thanks Connie   ;)  As they say on the JList, I am a wench...  ;D

I love the avatars. You guys are so creative -- I let out a little snort when I saw yours, Midnite. Too funny...

And J99 is right, Connie -- you need a nice little caption under your avatar. Something like, "So many men, so little time," or have him whisper to her "Let's slip outta these clothes and into a warm brandy..."  Or something to that effect. LOL

Hey RJ -- NIIIIIICCCCEE picture!! It might've gotten squished a wee bit vertically on your avatar (just a tiny, tiny bit; not much), but it looks great!  Appropriate caption...I like it a lot.
   :)   ;)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 05:45:42 AM »
Thanks, Connie.  It's an honor just to be nominated.  :P

just posted a new avatar (a stunning headshot of GH in early early to mid 50s i'd say --but not coming across so well here. . .maybe have to retry.)

The size limit for avatars is 82X86.  Because the Grayson photo is proportioned differently, the width gets stretched to accomodate the vertical length.  There are 2 ways to get it to view correctly-- either resize the image to 82X86 (by trimming the top and/or bottom to match the above dimensions), or increase its width so that the image size is 82X86 but make the additional side areas transparent (so they vanish against the background).  If you prefer the latter but don't know how, message me and I'll see what I can do with it.

My Fans Are Legion, hee hee.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2004, 10:26:08 AM »
Thanks, Connie.  It's an honor just to be nominated.  :P

Well, I can imagine!   ;)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2004, 12:36:57 PM »
Thanks for the fix MB and Midnite!!!  She loooooks fabulous!
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2004, 04:15:26 PM »
That's one of my favorite photos of Herself back in her salad days.

Beautiful work!

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 11:40:27 PM »
Kind of late in the day to be posting this, but I just noticed that Night of the Iguana is today's IMDB "Film of the Day."

On the front page of the site,you'll find a short write-up about the movie. Gratifyingly for those of us who are fans, Grayson DOES get mentioned, and so does her statuette nomination!

cheers, Steve

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2004, 01:33:20 AM »
Right from the Site:

IMDb Movie of the Day
The settings of Tennessee Williams tales were usually sultry, but The Night of the Iguana was downright steamy and tropical as it set its tortured characters in a comfortably rundown resort on the humid Mexican coast, where desires ran across the surface like a light coat of sweat on the skin of a sunbather. The earthy Maxine (Ava Gardner) runs the resort -- when she's not carousing with the young local boys -- and caters to her usually quiet guests, who suddenly find their idyll interrupted by a busful of old Texas schoolteachers. The prim tour group is being led by the defrocked Reverend Lawrence Shannon (Richard Burton), who in turn is being led by the youngest member of the set, nubile teen Charlotte (Sue Lyon), a poster girl for hell and damnation wrapped in a highly neurotic and enticing package. Coming to old friend Maxine for support, Shannon fends off both the wanton Charlotte and her ferociously overprotective guardian (Oscar nominee Grayson Hall, in full repressed-lesbian mode) while striking up a touching friendship with artist Hannah Jelkes (Deborah Kerr), whose virtue runs in direct opposition to Charlotte's carnality. One of John Huston's best literary adaptations, The Night of the Iguana tempers Williams' overwrought sensuality with a grounded emotional resonance (embodied perfectly by Gardner) that belies the strife that attended the making of the film, as the five lead actors clashed in a style worthy of Williams himself. On a sunnier note, Iguana was the movie that put Puerto Vallarta on the map as a hot tourist destination, a status it still holds to this day. - Mark Englehart (
Julia99

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2004, 02:56:58 AM »
Right from the Site:
Coming to old friend Maxine for support, Shannon fends off both the wanton Charlotte and her ferociously overprotective guardian (Oscar nominee Grayson Hall, in full repressed-lesbian mode) while striking up a touching friendship with artist Hannah Jelkes (Deborah Kerr), whose virtue runs in direct opposition to Charlotte's carnality.

Thanks for the info about the site Steve, and J99!  :)  Poor Judith just needed a hug and someone to confide in. :-*  I always feel for the underdogs...  ;)

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2004, 02:05:01 AM »
Thanks for the info about the site Steve, and J99!  :)  Poor Judith just needed a hug and someone to confide in. :-*  I always feel for the underdogs...  ;)

Judith needed to take a dip in that ocean and unbutton her blouse a bit .. . she was bound to be cranky with her buttons all done in that humid mexican heat! :P
Julia99

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2004, 02:28:25 AM »
Judith needed to take a dip in that ocean and unbutton her blouse a bit .. . she was bound to be cranky with her buttons all done in that humid mexican heat! :P

Well, that too...  ::)  :P ;)