Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #353 - Cards for Mrs. Lacy; Dates for new compilation videos  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE   # 353
March 31, 2015

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following key breaking news in this Official Dark Shadows News Online Update "bulletin."

*** FANS INVITED TO SEND GET-WELL WISHES TO JERRY LACY’S MOTHER

*** “BEST OF ANGELIQUE” & “BEST OF QUENTIN” DVD RELEASE DATES

**** JERRY LACY’S MOM RECOVERING FROM A FALL

Jerry’s mother Mary Lacy is 97. She fell recently and broke bones in her arm. She’s recuperating at a rehabilitation center.

Jerry has asked if his DS friends would be kind enough to send notes and/or cards to his mom. She's in a rehab facility in Texas.

Mary Lacy
c/o Heritage Oaks West
3300 W. 2nd Ave.
Corsicana, TX 75110

Thank you.

SG thanks Gloria Lillibridge for providing this information. Gloria ran Jerry’s fan club during and after DS originally aired and frequently visited the DS studio. Over the years she’s shared many of the personal photos she took there. She continues to assist Jerry when he guests at the DS Festivals and other events. She is and has always been a great lady herself. Thanks, Gloria!

Please send your get-well notes or cards to:

Mary Lacy
c/o Heritage Oaks West
3300 W. 2nd Ave.
Corsicana, TX 75110

Jerry was DS’ Tony Peterson, Rev. Trask, Gregory Trask, Mr. Trask, and Lamar Trask.

**** NEW DS COMPILATION DVDS DUE THIS SUMMER

SG Update #345 (1-26-15) announced that MPI will release 2 new “Best of” compilation DVDs: “The Best of Quentin” and the “Best of Angelique.”

Each separate DVD is a collection of full episodes that follow each character’s development and spotlight key points in their storylines. DAVID SELBY (Quentin) and LARA PARKER (Angelique) recently recorded introductions for each episode.

MPI tells SG the 2 DVDs expect release 8-18-15.

The episodes for each DVD are:

DARK SHADOWS - The Best of Angelique

1. Episode #368/369 : In the year 1795, vengeful witch Angelique arrives at Collinwood from Martinique.             
2. Episode #405: Angelique places a vampire curse on Barnabas Collins after he shoots her.                                                 
3. Episode #477: In 1968, Angelique appears to Barnabas in a dream to announce a new vampire curse.
4. Episode #499: An aged Cassandra arrives when artist Sam Evans alters the ancient portrait of Angelique.
5. Episode #606: As a vampire, Angelique attacks Barnabas while he is again a mortal.
6. Episode #852: In 1897, Angelique pursues a romance with Quentin, and Lady Kitty has a frightening dream.
7. Episode #1003: During Parallel Time 1970, the evil Angelique poses as her twin sister Alexis.
8. Episode #1130: In 1840, Angelique appears and announces that she is Barnabas' wife.
9. Episode #1140: Angelique recalls when, as Miranda DuVal, she testified against the warlock Judah Zachary.
DARK SHADOWS - The Best of Quentin

1. Episode #694: In 1969, the Collins family abandons Collinwood, which is haunted by the ghost of Quentin Collins.
2. Episode #714: In the year 1897, Quentin learns his family's fate with the reading of his grandmother's will.
3. Episode #722: Angelique resurrects Quentin as a zombie, who then possesses young Jamison.
4. Episode #786: Under a werewolf curse, Quentin recites “Shadows of the Night” in Charity Trask's nightmare.
5. Episode #836: In 1969, the ghost of Beth Chavez reveals how Quentin died in 1897.           
6. Episode #905: Closely resembling Quentin, Grant Douglas appears in Collinsport, suffering from amnesia.
7. Episode #984: During Parallel Time 1970, Quentin and his bride Maggie struggle with the supernatural.
8. Episode #1065: In 1995. Barnabas Collins and Dr. Julia Hoffman discover Quentin has gone insane.                           
9. Episode #1129: In 1840, Quentin reveals to Barnabas the history of the evil warlock Judah Zachary.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The Best of Quentin and The Best of Angelique box art and pricing on TV Shows on DVD

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Angelique looks like she's just been startled by something really unexpected - the deer in the headlights effect.  [ghost_grin]  But I really like the photo of Quentin - and I'm not sure if I've ever seen it before.

Thanks for posting the link, Midnite.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
I'm waiting for 'the best of mrs.johnson'...

dvd "bonuses" include cast commentary on sour mayonnaise, stolen cigarettes, lousy new england boiled dinners, pillbox hats and the horror of coats thrown across foyer tables rather than hung up on a hook by the door. 
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
 [pointing-up]  THAT would be a hoot and a half!  [lghy]  I'd be one of the first to buy it!!  [nodassent]

Thanks for the laugh, michael c!!  :)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Best wishes to Mary Lacy!  My goodness, 97! 

I'm waiting for The Best of Hallie Stokes DVD.  I guess I'll just hafta wait.  And wait.  And wait.  And wait.

Gerard

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
I'm sure if you asked cody to make you one she'd oblige. she was the "star" of the show after all. [ghost_rolleyes]

"extras" include 101 ways to say "who are youuuuu???", '16 and a dollhouse' and 'how to use knee socks to distract from a developing bust'.  [ghost_blink] [ghost_blink]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
**** JERRY LACY’S MOM RECOVERING FROM A FALL

Jerry’s mother Mary Lacy is 97. She fell recently and broke bones in her arm. She’s recuperating at a rehabilitation center.

Jerry has asked if his DS friends would be kind enough to send notes and/or cards to his mom. She's in a rehab facility in Texas.

From Jerry Lacy's Friends on FB (Gloria Lillibridge):  "I'm sad to report that Jerry's mother, Mary, passed away last night at the age of 99. She lived a long and happy life, with the love of her four children."

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
R.I.P.