Author Topic: Blu-Ray, Oyevah...Questions Beaucoup  (Read 754 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Blu-Ray, Oyevah...Questions Beaucoup
« on: March 26, 2015, 02:33:07 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&ghostText=&_nkw=Sony+BDP-S1200&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

Okie dokie. Getting close to where I'll need a new DVD player.
I've never even watched a movie on a blu-ray; but I do know they had come down in prices.

Read up on a few....wait...I should've mentioned my sister sent me a new 42" LG flat screen 1080 yada (it's still in the box untile I get a specific 'table' which can fit it).

It's not a 'smart' TV, but HD (but, that will only happened if I want to pay Dish MORE $$...so, nope).

But, I will go ahead and get a blu-ray.

Currently, I've been pleased with my Sony, not blu-ray, overall, so, I'll stick w/Sony.

There's sooooo many whistles, bells, what-nots, thingamagigas, so, I went to ebay.

Can someone please look at some of the (for the most part) same Sony BDP-S1200. What's the difference? What's the 'wired' and other stuff....

If they are NOT new, do they HAVE to state not new or slightly used? And, streaming is like for Netflix, et al, right?

Anyone's input into this model also would be appreciated.  Red + yellow= orange.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Blu-Ray, Oyevah...Questions Beaucoup
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't buy anyone elses headaches...BUT, I did send you another option via PM if you are able to do it monetarily it would be great for you to use a new tv on a new blue ray player.  I just never trusted buying used electronics. 

The one I suggested has built in wireless (which means you don't need a wireless cable to hook up to the modem),

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Blu-Ray, Oyevah...Questions Beaucoup
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »
You can always hook up your computer via USB cord to this blu-ray player and stream Netflix via the cable.  I used to do that before I got a smart tv.