Author Topic: Happy Memorial Day  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Happy Memorial Day
« on: May 29, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »
I hope everyone has a safe and happy

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!

Thanks to the people who work on the holidays!! :-*

Ya know, times like this I really miss DS; we all would've commiserated/kvetched how Sci-Fi would've been pre-empting DS....waaaahhh!!! I WANT DS!!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Happy Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 12:17:12 AM »
HAPPY MEMOIRAL DAY TO YOU PATTI
AND THANKS TO THOSE WHO FOUGHT FOR OUR
FREEDOM AND COUNTRY!
          Love Anne :-* :-*

"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 12:29:02 AM »
Happy holiday to both of you.  But Patti and Annie, that standard blue is hard on the eyes, so I changed the lines in both messages to another shade.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 12:53:25 PM »
Hi Midnite thanks for the color change. I know
i had it in the color purple and you couldn;t
see it at all.  Love U Anne :-*
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 05:48:40 PM »
I know
i had it in the color purple and you couldn;t
see it at all.

Hi.  It was blue, and I changed it to cornflowerblue so it would show up against the background.  If you change your mind about a chosen color, click modify, edit the color name, and Save the change.

Click here for a full list of color names:

Color Names and Custom Colors

Hope that helped.  :)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 08:50:38 PM »
I having a very Dark Shadowish Memorial Day weekend - fog and thunderstorms!  Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 10:17:57 PM »
I having a very Dark Shadowish Memorial Day weekend - fog and thunderstorms!

That was my weather practically all of last week. Around 2am on Thursday, the thunder was so loud and so close that its rumblings set off three different car alarms. If the thunder hadn't already, I'm sure they woke up everyone in the neighborhood.  ;)

Today we finally have sun again! [clap]

As for Memorial Day, I have a "special" surprise in store for eveyone.  ;D

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2004, 10:20:36 PM »
My dad was drafted into the army at age 18 during WWII and served overseas.  I'm so glad the WWII veterans finally got a memorial but sad that so many didn't live to know about it.

Hope most everyone enjoys a day off tomorrow.

Gerard, with all the thunderstorms we've been having in this part of the country -- be careful and don't watch DS if it's lightning.

My building was struck by lightning last weekend during a storm.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2004, 11:19:26 PM »
 HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
I am also having some major bad weather coming through but at least it is keeping those pesky cicadaas out of my hair. I am doing my best to be patient with them and have even saved a few from horrible deaths! Yesterday I came in from gardening and had 2 on my back, 1 on the front of my t-shirt and 1 in my hair. Thank the Lord they only come every 17 years. If anyone out there has not heard of these bugs. They are bigger than a horse fly and have red eyes. They are also blind and fly smack dab into your face. I read an article in the paper today about them and they said they average is 250 bugs per square foot so you can imagine the carnage. :P
Have a great day!
Tereas
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2004, 11:48:35 PM »
I have no idea what tomorrow might be like.....but today was so beautiful I'd love to have it in a bottle.  Blue skies, breezy and cool.....perfect, perfect weather.

Unfortunately, here, Memorial Day Weekend is the starting gun for the arrival of the Summer People....... ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2004, 12:30:17 AM »
Hi Midnite thanks for the advice the CornFlower
Blue looks perfect youre a doll.
          Love Anne :-* :-* :-*
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2004, 01:05:25 PM »
My dad was drafted into the army at age 18 during WWII and served overseas.  I'm so glad the WWII veterans finally got a memorial but sad that so many didn't live to know about it.

Hope most everyone enjoys a day off tomorrow.

Gerard, with all the thunderstorms we've been having in this part of the country -- be careful and don't watch DS if it's lightning.

My building was struck by lightning last weekend during a storm.

Hasn't this weather been absolutely crazy, Vlad?  We also had a huge thunderstorm roll through last evening and I shut everything down and disconnected my computer in case of lightning strikes.  Now it's so foggy out there I can't see my neighbor's house.  But I'm still heading out to do a six-mile jog!

And that's so great that our WWII vets have their beautiful memorial.

Happy Memorial Day, everone, and don't forget.........if DS was still on Sci-Fi, it'd be preempted today for a Xenia, Princess Warrior marathon.

Gerard

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re: Happy Memorial Day
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2004, 03:04:15 PM »
Hasn't this weather been absolutely crazy, Vlad?  We also had a huge thunderstorm roll through last evening and I shut everything down and disconnected my computer in case of lightning strikes.

I hear there were tornadoes aplenty this weekend in the Midwest. Guess they were dropping in to catch The Day After Tomorrow.

--M
http://home.triad.rr.com/smrainey/drealms.htm

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2004, 07:10:36 PM »
I am also having some major bad weather coming through but at least it is keeping those pesky cicadaas out of my hair. I am doing my best to be patient with them and have even saved a few from horrible deaths! Yesterday I came in from gardening and had 2 on my back, 1 on the front of my t-shirt and 1 in my hair. Thank the Lord they only come every 17 years. If anyone out there has not heard of these bugs. They are bigger than a horse fly and have red eyes.

You guys all crack me up, but I had to respond to the cicadas.  Are they at least hard, and crunchy?  Where I grew up there was something even worse that came in cycles like that -- "tent caterpillars" (also known as "army worms").  They are just as prolific in their cycles (I forget how many years apart, maybe 10) ... you find them on the house siding, on your car, underfoot, they drop down out of trees onto your hair -- and they're soft and mushy if you step on them.  I'd rather have the crunchy type, even if they have beady red eyes.  The caterpillars are very silent though ...

Actually, I thought we had cicadas in the summer all the time when I moved a bit further south.  At least there's a high-pitched hum, almost like an electrical wire, that typically fills the air in late summer.  Different from grasshoppers and crickets -- sort of a vibratory sound.  I enjoy all the sounds of nature in the summer, the aforesead, plus frogs and toads ... it's always relaxing to go to sleep with the windows open hearing them.   :)

No tornados in this area, thankfully.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995