Author Topic: DS ACTORS ON OTHER DAYTIME SERIALS  (Read 3888 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: DS ACTORS ON OTHER DAYTIME SERIALS
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2004, 11:48:02 PM »
Wow.  Imagining Miss J. C. as Liz instantly makes me think of Grayson as Baby Jane Hudson.

"YA MEAN.... ALL THIS TIME... WE COULDA BEEN FRIENDS???"

G.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2004, 07:31:40 PM »
I would love to see the Joan Crawford episodes of Secret Storm.

I heard that Dan Curtis was also considering her for the role of Elizabeth prior to the start of DS.

She may not have lasted too long though.

Offline danfling

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 12:32:11 PM »
Concerning Search for Tomorrow, around the time that Denise Nickerson was playing Liza, Michael Maitland was hired to play Bruce Carson.    He played Bruce in between Robby Benson and Gary Tomlin.

Also, I think that Kitty Styles and Ken Stevens (Diana Millay and Joel Crothers) were on The Secret Storm at the same time.

When Christopher Pennock was on Somerset, Frank Schofield played his father.       The actor who played Carter Mattson (Jay Gregory) had also been on Dark Shadows as an extra.   Lois Kibbee played the wife/stepmother, and she, as was mentioned, co-wrote The Bennett Playbill with Joan Bennett.

The information on Jonathan Frid is incorrect.    He did appear as Dr. Bellows on As the World Turns - not Dr. Neil Wade.     That role was played by Michael Lipton, who was also on Somerset when Mr. Schofield and Mr. Pennock were on the show.    (And Marie Wallace had been on the show, also.)

As the World Turns also had a mean character named Dr. Michael Shea.     John Lasalle (Dr. Gutherie) was one of the actors who played that role, but the actor best remembered in the role is the late Roy Shumann.

When Sam Hall was writing One Life to Live, there were three former Dark Shadows performers on the show at the same time:     Nancy Barrett, Anthony George, and Grayson Hall.    There was a scene in which the three were together - possibly in an elevator - and they commented that they thought that they had known each other before they had been in Llanview.

Matthew Hall was also a writer for One Life to Live.    He later wrote for the NBC primetime version of the Dark Shadows.

Offline danfling

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2004, 01:19:38 PM »
The Moore family on Somerset:

I left out one of the most important member of the family:  Julian Cannell (Joel Crothers).

So, the family consisted of Emily Moore Matson (Lois Kibbee), her husband Philip Matson (Frank Schofield), Emily's daughter Andrea Moore and son Dana Moore (Christopher Pennock), Philip's daughter Zoe Matson Cannell and her husband Julian (who was a concert pianist but later was a newspaper editor), and his son Carter Mattson (Jay Gregory).     There was also Aunt Rowena (Camilla Ashland).

Their storyline MAY have begun before the departure of Marie Wallace as India Bishop Delaney - but I am not sure.

Also on Somerset were Dolph Sweet and Dennis Patrick.     Mr. Sweet, Mr. Patrick, and Ms. Wallace were all on the show at the same time.

And later, Stanley Grover was on the show.   (And Nancy Barrett for a few days.)

Offline danfling

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2004, 01:35:08 PM »
Carolyn Groves (Victoria #3) had played Betsy Brown on The Edge of Night in 1963.

(She was also in the movie Six Degrees of Seperation as a party guest.)

Offline danfling

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2004, 02:59:50 PM »
I also forgot to mention that, on The Secret Storm, Joel Crothers's character, Ken, was married.     There was a young concert pianist named Laurie who fell in love with him.     Laurie's father was insistant that his daughter stay away from Ken.      The father was named Wilifred Hollister, and he was played by Bernard Hughes, who had been on Dark Shadows.

Also, Mr. Hughes had played a doctor on The Guiding Light for many years.

Also on The Secret Storm, Robert Costello was the producer of the show after the cancellation of Strange Paradise.     And Lovelady Powell, who had played the art dealer who wanted Sam's paintings on Dark Shadows (Portia Fitzsimmons?) played a character named Birdie.     Birdie was also involved with Joel Crothers's character.    Ken's ex-wife Jill married Birdie's brother.

Offline bluefielder

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 02:33:27 AM »
An observation concerning Anthony George.  Everyone has discussed his participation on DS and his longest running soap role on OLTL.  His biggest soap role was Dr. Tony Vincente on Search for Tomorrow (April 1970 to June 1975).  He was the male lead on that opposite Mary Stuart as Joanne.  I just finished R. J. Jamison's excellent bio on Grayson Hall and had to chuckle that he suggested a romance opposite Grayson.  Maybe he was thinking that an onscreen romance with another redhead equals chemistry!  Tony abruptly quit SFT in 1975 and with that exit ended his status as a leading man. 

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 05:11:19 PM »
An observation concerning Anthony George.  Everyone has discussed his participation on DS and his longest running soap role on OLTL.  His biggest soap role was Dr. Tony Vincente on Search for Tomorrow (April 1970 to June 1975).  He was the male lead on that opposite Mary Stuart as Joanne.  I just finished R. J. Jamison's excellent bio on Grayson Hall and had to chuckle that he suggested a romance opposite Grayson.  Maybe he was thinking that an onscreen romance with another redhead equals chemistry!  Tony abruptly quit SFT in 1975 and with that exit ended his status as a leading man. 

Thank you for the nod.  It was a sweet story as Grayson told it during one of her "fan" meetings.
RJ
Julia99

David

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 06:18:21 PM »
Nancy Barrett's month long 1976 stint on Ryan's Hope aired on Soap Net this past month.

David

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 06:47:20 PM »
D'oh!

And my partner had been taping them irregularly, up to last month. Rats.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 10:31:16 AM »
Here are a couple of late editions.

In the early 1970's, Jerry Lacy played Simon Gilbey on As the World Turns. Gilbey was a millionaire who was trying to manipulate his niece Meredith Harcourt. Jerry was in a cast photo was made the cover of TV Guide.

Lara Parker did at least one day on One Life to Live back in the mid 1980's. Don't remember the name of her character but I think she was being scammed by Mitch Laurence.

Clarice Blackburn appeared on One Life to Live in the mid 1970's as Hattie Fredericks. She was Dorian and Melinda Cramer's housekeeper. It was not much of a part and the character disappearanced pretty quickly.

Humbert Allen Astredo did a day on Edge of Night as the captain of a boat that rescued Adam Drake from a shipwreck.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 08:26:09 AM »
Humbert Allen Astredo did a day on Edge of Night as the captain of a boat that rescued Adam Drake from a shipwreck.
I'd love to see Astredo in a captain's uniform, with yards of gold braid up the side and down the front.