Author Topic: Alias Smith and Jones fans  (Read 732 times)

Offline The charming Mr. Blair

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Alias Smith and Jones fans
« on: March 20, 2002, 04:18:35 AM »
Hey, I know that face. I was a big "Alias Smith and Jones" fan. Roger Davis is the guy who took over for  the original Hannabil Hays. I don't remember the first guy's name but he was very good in the part. Played the part of a fast talking and likable con man very well. Kid Curry has the fastest gun in the west and Hanible Hays could talk his way out of anything. I know the original Hays shot himself to death. I don't know if it was intentional or a stupid joke gone wrong. I do know that I never liked Roger Davis as Hannible Hays.
Why do I remember this stuff? ;)
I must go. However, I shalln't be long.
 Good day everyone!

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Alias Smith and Jones fans
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2002, 04:32:12 AM »
Yeah, me too. I didn't like Roger Davis as well either, but the other guy was SO good and his death so sad. I think RD had a thankless job trying to keep the show going. I was actually quite excited to see him on DS last go round, imagine my embarrassment that he is considered rather a dud actor on the series! Seeing him is definately a blast from the past though. ::)
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Eleanor_Rigby

• Full Poster
  • So it goes -- Kilgore Trout
    • View Profile
Re: Alias Smith and Jones fans
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2002, 04:38:48 PM »
The name of the actor who started out in the role was
named Pete Duel.  Killing himself wasn't a joke.  Heard RD talk one time, he and Duel were friends, Duel was depressed, had lots of personal problems.  Yes,  it is very sad.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss