Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0892  (Read 983 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0892
« on: February 27, 2015, 04:20:02 PM »
Robservations #892

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0892

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 04:42:34 AM »
It was a whistle this time, when something escaped the box.  Big book comes out of little box.    I wonder if viewers are supposed to think Maggie might have become part of the cairn cult.   Dennis Patrick might be, and Maggie's doing his bidding now.  Barnabas and Megan have met before in a dream?  This Dream consists of room remodelling instructions.  Phillip staggers in after having had the same dream, and boards up the windows so no light gets in.  I can't tell you how much I need his services... I have to sleep in a totally dark room myself. 

Maggie wants Pansy's boa.  Maggie stalls Carolyn at the Blue Whale long enough for the stranger to turn up, end.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Watching Project

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 06:00:12 PM »
Remember:

Thursday, February 26: No Episode, originally Thursday, November 27, 1969 was Thanksgiving

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:54:24 PM »
The Leviathan box is like a Tardis--bigger on the inside than on the outside. It is able to hold the huge Book of Leviathan and a scroll.

We get our first--and last--look at the Todds’ bedroom, equipped with two twin beds pushed together. Megan has a dream in which Barnabas gives her instructions for preparing their room to be the "chosen room." Philip has the same dream. In the middle of the night he brings armloads of lumber to prepare the now empty room.

A Victrola--not Quentin's, though--is for sale at the shop. "Philip's folly"--the cradle is not, however, as Megan coldly informs Carolyn. Megan closes the shop just as Maggie arrives and admires Pansity's boa. Maggie proposes a shopping expedition followed by a stop at the BW. Carolyn feels as if something is going to happen. Maggie smiles at us.

Megan and Philip are downstairs, staring upstairs expectantly. They decide "it's time" and go upstairs.

Carolyn is still upset at her day. She opines to Maggie that the Todds regard her as a rich dilettante and decides not to go back to the shop. She is just about to leave despite Maggie’s best efforts when the stranger enters. Carolyn instantly recognizes him. She tells Maggie, That’s the man who was skulking around Collinwood, the same one who spoke to me near the strange altar. She is still particularly annoyed that he didn’t give her any straight answers. Alarmed, Carolyn sees he is approaching their table, but Maggie complacently suggests, You might get some answers now. The stranger greets Maggie politely. Carolyn favors both of them with a disgusted stare. Not the least upset at Carolyn’s disapproval and pleased with the success of her mission, Maggie leaves. As the stranger sits down opposite her, Carolyn says, I don’t understand any of this. The stranger replies, Well, I will admit that it is a rather strange situation... introducing yourself to your own daughter. Daughter? Carolyn asks blankly. Yes, Carolyn, the stranger answers. I am Paul Stoddard--your father........

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »
I have to sleep in a totally dark room myself.
That can't be easy.  I can shut the blinds on my bedroom windows and they're still going to let in light.

Paul has been an absent father.  And Maggie is a horrible friend.  That said, how does she know that Paul even is who he says he is?  Carolyn didn't recognize him.  He claimed to be Sam's friend, but not only does Maggie not remember him, we never heard Sam (or Liz or Roger) mention any alliance between the men either.  Telling an attractive woman "you were a very pretty little girl" also doesn't mean a thing.  And Paul didn't recognize Maggie's mother as they conversed in front of a portrait of her.  Maggie is way too trusting.

"In darkness it will come, in darkness it will grow--
And darkness it will bring."
Is it the goal of the Leviathans to end humanity?

The weekend of the 2007 Fest, some DS friends and I were traipsing through the woods not far from where we found ruins of the Spratt House, which was used as the exterior of the Old House, and found the crumbled remains of a huge stone altar.

I'm kidding.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 06:50:08 PM »
In an early episode, Sam tells Carolyn that her father posed for a portrait for him.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »
Thanks, Joey. I guess that was during the Jason McGuire story line.

Midnite, you almost had me going for a moment!  [snow_laugh]

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »
Actually that was during the Bill Malloy Murder storyline.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 05:23:23 AM »
I have to sleep in a totally dark room myself.
That can't be easy.  I can shut the blinds on my bedroom windows and they're still going to let in light.

It's not easy.  I haven't touched the coverings on the bedroom window for years because any shift might let some light in.  Most people can't or won't process or accept it when I say totally black.  They go on assuming I can just draw the curtains and that that will make it "totally black".  It's not easy having this condition, with the world not hearing anything I say about it.  You got it, though.  Thanks.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 03:25:38 PM »
Thanks, Joey!