Author Topic: David Selby and the Griffin  (Read 871 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
David Selby and the Griffin
« on: March 19, 2002, 05:00:26 PM »
Last night my daughter and I went to hear Mr. Selby talk.  It was at Wallman Hall in Fairmont State College.  

Mr. Selby is a wonderful man, he really is.  He voice is so powerful, yet, very soothing.  

He is in a catoon, but, not the cartoon like the Flintstones, or Popeye.  It's a half an hour, PBS did it and its all done by West Virginians.

It's called The Griffin and the Minor Canon.  It's by Frank R. Stockton.  It's a beautiful piece of art, and there are many West Virginias in it.  Mr. Selby is the Griffin,  Chris Sarandon is the Minor Canon, Don Knotts, Soupy Sales, Kathy Matayea...it is a must see.

The half an hour movie was over there was a reception, with griffin cookie, and Mr. Selby was there, talking, laughing and yes, even a few autographs.

Thank You Mr. Selby, you made my day.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: David Selby and the Griffin
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2002, 05:29:47 PM »
Terry,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience. The few times I have met David he has been very down to earth.

When he asked me where I was from and I told him Baltimore, he gave me a wink and said we East Coast boys need to stick together dont we?? We struck up a nice conversation about West Virginia as my wife's mothers family is from there, (Martinsburg). David was very pleasant and enjoyed reminiscing, (paricularly about the promo trip he made to Baltimore in 1969, wish I had been there).

I hope to be ale to catch David at one of these type of events. It sounds like you had a fun and informal evening.

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2002, 11:43:02 PM »
It sounds like you had a wonderful eveingin.  When I went to the fest last summer I was so impressed with what a truly wonderful gentleman Mr. Selby is.  Talk about meeting all the criteria for a girl/womans crush.  He is still gorgeous, genuine, and truly talented.

Glad you had a memorable time

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2002, 01:15:09 AM »
Dear Terry Wow!!!!!!!!!  Glad that you had such a
wonderful and special evening with David Selby!!!
Just wish i could of been there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably would of passed out and needed the
smelling salts!!!!  And Birdie your'e right David
Selby is so VERY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :-* :-*
                    Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow