Author Topic: Mailbox Question  (Read 957 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Mailbox Question
« on: April 29, 2004, 12:39:11 AM »
Okay, while on here, if I want to e-mail (what's the difference between IM & e-mail on here?...It doesn't INSTANTLY get delivered to you, like a pop-up.

Anyway, if I'm on here and I want to em/IM say Jennifer, or Birdie, I click on there name either on a post or on the cousins list, and it opens my DS mailbox, and voila.

But, if I do the same to only Midnite or MB, it opens Outlook Express (which I use for my e-mail).

Just now...I tried something new. Instead of clicking on Midnite's name, I typed dom and Midnite. I didn't get an error message...so, I hope she gets it. Did you Midnite?

And, why the differential between all cousins AND DOM(a mod) vs. Midnite/MB??

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Mailbox Question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 01:37:59 AM »
(what's the difference between IM & e-mail on here?

The IM/AIM/PM icon in a member's post is the green page.  It's lit up if they're present on the forums and not hidden.

The email icon is the page peeking out of an envelope.  It only shows up if the member's email address isn't hidden.

Members will always have an IM icon in their posts, but they have the option of blocking mail from certain regular members.  Only the email icon will display in guest posts.

If it's a profile that you're starting with instead of a post, click the email address, if it's available, to send an email.  Click Send this member a private message to send an IM.

Of the examples you gave, not all of those members have made their email addresses available.

It doesn't work any differently for MB, myself, or dom.

Hope that helped.  I did receive your IM, btw.  But I don't see any indication that it was also sent to dom.