Author Topic: OT: James Marsters Charity Appearance  (Read 777 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
OT: James Marsters Charity Appearance
« on: April 22, 2004, 09:36:18 PM »
Fans, I know I am not the only James Marsters fan on this board.  I just read about this, and I think it's really wonderful that James is doing this!  (and yeah, I also think he'll look really beautiful with a shaven head).

PLEASE HELP GET THE WORD OUT:
Actor James Marsters (aka ¢â‚¬ËœSpike' from "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" and "Angel") will be appearing on the Ryan Seacrest Show, Tuesday, April 27, 2004 from 12 noon to 1 pm. James will be shaving off his famous platinum blonde locks to help raise money and awareness for the Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric AIDS Foundation. The top 10 donors will receive a personalized autographed photo along with a lock of James' hair. To make a donation go to: www.pedaids.org and make an on-line donation no later than noon on Monday, April 26, 2004. Be sure to mark your donation in honor of James Marsters.

Also, for those fans who can come to the taping, please do so. James will be making an appearance after the show in the courtyard sporting his new look!! This is for a great cause!

**Photo and lock of hair will be mailed out within a week of the event.

Thanks in advance for all your support,
Steve Himber
Manager for James Marsters

Best wishes,

G.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:OT: James Marsters Charity Appearance
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 12:45:32 AM »
Did anyone catch this?

I love HIM :-* :-* in the same league with Quentin

Oh la la!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 03:03:16 AM »
I did (though it took place on the 27th). Marsters now sports a buzz cut the color of his dark roots. Gone are the blond locks of Spike (his legions of fans are no doubt weeping uncontrolably  :'() - but they did fetch $25,000 for charity.

And BTW, Marsters did say that one day, "IF" Joss Whedon were to bring back Spike, he'd be interested in playing him again - however, he gave no indication whatsoever that a deal had been struck with the WB to produce maid-for-TV movies of "Angel" next season. In fact, he said he was looking forward to auditioning for other roles.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 02:59:10 PM »
Well, I missed it--this week has been a real grind.

I bet Marsters looks mega cute with his new look, though.

I'd heard in some column or other several months ago that Marsters had been signed for one of the leads in the US remake of an Italian gay mobster film that was going to begin lensing this Fall.  Perhaps that was an unsubstantiated rumor, since I did not see it on his IMDB page when I checked a few days ago.

G.