Author Topic: Story Arc Questions  (Read 614 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Story Arc Questions
« on: January 16, 2015, 02:32:16 AM »
Please don't hate me for asking:

When did Julia Hoffman's character come on to Collinsport/Collinwood?

How far before a certain 'sallow' dude was her character on?

What I'm sort of reaching for, is, they had done the Matthew Morgan (let's scare Vicki), then, one of the best  IMHO written, directed, filmed arcs of Laura.

Again, sort of reaching....was there any talk in the air about Vicki's character leaving within 'X' amount of time? (I mean leaving the show.)

Was Vicki's character still around at all with D. Nickerson?

Thanks!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Story Arc Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:34:58 AM »
Good questions, I can't wait to find out.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 07:12:39 AM »
I'm surprised that I'm having trouble remembering when they wrapped up the Matthew Morgan thing, but Laura moved into his by-then-vacant house after she turned up in Collinsport, so MM was fully a part of storyline one, only.  So Storyline #1 was Roger vs. Burke plus Matthew.  Laura was DS storyline #2.  DS storyline #3 was Jason McGuire/Barnabas.

Wait, Matthew may have bled into the start of Laura just a little bit, because she was called upon to react to the news of his end, maybe, and despite having presumably known about him in the old days, she seemed to have no opinion.  So I think MM's culmination went on between Laura's first scene and her moving onto the estate.  Either way, he was gone for months before Barnabas is even spoken of.

Dr. Julia Hoffman was called in as a psychiatrist to enable Maggie to get her memory back about the time she'd spent as Barnabas's prisoner, so the Barnabas story was well underway and cooking before Julia was a twinkle in the writers' eyes.

They say Alexandra Moltke left because they weren't doing anything with her character.  If she had known a definite end was coming soon, presumably she'd have finished things out, but who knows.

I believe there was just one scene involving Vicki (#2) and Amy.  Vicki comes into the bedroom of one of the kids, while David and Amy have just started making contact with Quentin.  There may have been a second scene, I'm not sure.

I presume you don't care about spoilers, just because you ask all this in the first place.  I'd be grateful for an incomplete memory, if I were you.  It makes re-watchings more enjoyable.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 05:58:38 PM »
Well, thank you Magnus....and thank you  [snow_kiss] [snow_kiss] dom (cracked me up).

I really thought Julia was on the show before Barn....there goes the old FDSMS...

Patti
What a Woman!