Author Topic: "A is for...?"  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
"A is for...?"
« on: March 18, 2002, 07:36:51 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

I hate to be a nitpicker, but couldn't the A which Ben drew on the top of that barrel for Barnabas just as well have meant A for Abigail as it did A for Angelique?

I don't mean to dump on Abigail, but I think that it's fair to say that Ms. Abigail will never be confused with someone as kind and selfless, as say, Mother Teresa or Florence Nightingale.  In fact, I think that Joshua's little sister is the personification of the word termagant: an overbearing or nagging woman, a shrew.  That's one heck of a witch in my vocabulary!

Bob the Bartender, who wishes that Abigail could be kind towards everyone, sort of like the benign and non-judgmental:

S
P
O
I
L
R
R

Minerva Trask!!!

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: "A is for...?"
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 08:24:06 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

I hate to be a nitpicker, but couldn't the A which Ben drew on the top of that barrel for Barnabas just as well have meant A for Abigail as it did A for Angelique?

That is the price you pay for a one name ID especially when Stokes is around- Watch out Madonna ;D

It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2002, 06:04:10 AM »

I don't mean to dump on Abigail, but I think that it's fair to say that Ms. Abigail will never be confused with someone as kind and selfless, as say, Mother Teresa or Florence Nightingale.  

Or Florence Henderson, for that matter.  

Wouldn't it have been a hoot if Abigail ended up being the one accused?  Although I surely would felt badly that she was accused unfairly like Vicki, I'm not sure I would have felt quite as badly for her as I did for Vicki.  I probably would also have indulged in the guilty pleasure of watching her squirm under the weight of those accusations ... and enjoying it.

Dumping on Abigail like this is perhaps a tribute to Clarice Blackburn's brilliant acting.  She nails every character she is assigned, right down to the most subtle nuance.

Ben
[on my way to the confessional right now]

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2002, 06:25:39 AM »
Ben,

Ah, yes.  Florence Henderson the former spokeslady for those wonderful "Wessonality" commercials of the 1970's.  I was sorry to see Florence's son, Greg Brady, get decked by Danny Partridge, a/k/a Donny Bonaduce the other night.

It's too bad that the soap operas never had their own version of "celebrity boxing."  We could have seen the urbane Roger Collins take on the suave Palmer Courtland of All My Children.  (Marquess of Queensberry Rules, of course!)

How about the diminutive Carolyn Stoddard trading punches with the equally diminutive Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) of AMC?

I'd like to see Barnabas "Kayo" Collins go fifteen rounds against the nefarious Stefano DeMara of Days Of Our Lives.

Can anyone think of any other Dark Shadows Characters vs. other Soap Star boxing matches?

Bob the Bartender, who would like to see Sally Jesse Raphael take on Ricki Lake in a ten rounder.

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2002, 06:51:23 AM »
Can anyone think of any other Dark Shadows Characters vs. other Soap Star boxing matches?

How about Angelique vs. Tabitha of Passions?  Rrrroww!
The battle of the witches!

[shadow=teal,left,300]Always, Minja[/shadow]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2002, 02:10:57 PM »

How about Angelique vs. Tabitha of Passions?  Rrrroww!
The battle of the witches!

[shadow=teal,left,300]Always, Minja[/shadow]

Minja,

My bet is on Angelique-

She will win this one with her hands tied behind her back!
Let's see Angelique vs Tonya Harding ;D
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2002, 05:08:05 AM »

Watch out Madonna ;D

or Cher.
or Charro.

-----
Jeff Clark and Nathan Forbes vs. Rip Taylor and Monte Rock III [tag team][just for the hair and trousers] ;)
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2002, 05:22:35 AM »
Hey Ringo,

How can anyone ever forget "Sir" Monte Rock's seminal disco song of the 1970's, "Get Dancing!"?  I remember seeing "Sir" Monte perform the song for Johnny Carson on the old Tonight Show.    

Along with Lara Parker's and Jonathan Frid's appearances on the Tonight Show, truly an appearance I wish that I could have videotaped (if VCR's had only existed back then!).

Bob the Bartender, who remembers "Sir" Monte's cameo appearance in that cinematic classic of the 1970's, "Saturday Night Fever."

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2002, 06:10:38 AM »
Hey Ringo,

How can anyone ever forget "Sir" Monte Rock's seminal disco song of the 1970's, "Get Dancing!"?  I remember seeing "Sir" Monte perform the song for Johnny Carson on the old Tonight Show.    

Along with Lara Parker's and Jonathan Frid's appearances on the Tonight Show, truly an appearance I wish that I could have videotaped (if VCR's had only existed back then!).

Bob the Bartender, who remembers "Sir" Monte's cameo appearance in that cinematic classic of the 1970's, "Saturday Night Fever."

oh yeah - his carson appearances are all classics -
One of my very first video cassettes had Sir Monte on Solid Gold, about 1980 [!] doing a Hair-larious version of the Exile classic 'I want to kiss you [all over]'   I will never forget that!- but I was living in an apartment, that got broke into in the mid 80's and a whole box of classics got swiped [including several eps of Michael Richards, pre Kramer, on 'Friday's' with King Crimson as musical guests!  remember that one?]

A is for Apple [and the A$$'ole that broke into my apartment, probably recorded 'girly shows' over my music!][smokn]

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2002, 02:39:56 PM »
Ringo,
The Crimson video must have been a classic. Ive never seen that performance. Remember the Giles, Giles & Fripp album with the saga of Rodney Toady??? Another classic worth preserving would have been Jimi Hendrix on the tonight show, (Flip Wilson was MC). Hendrix's amp shorts out mid way through his version of, "Lover Man" (actually Rock Me Baby to different lyrics).

A is also for Allen's All consuming passion for music.

B

Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2002, 12:51:54 AM »
Ringo,
The Crimson video must have been a classic. Ive never seen that performance. Remember the Giles, Giles & Fripp album with the saga of Rodney Toady???

A is also for Allen's All consuming passion for music.

B

GG&F!!!  now we're getting serious! - just, George....

Uh-oh AC, we may be stepping deep and far off the DS topic, as I sit here in my KCCC t-shirt, listening to the newly arrived Club #19 [KC '01 live in Nashville]  Red is rattling my woofers!  Are you a member?  If not surf over to the DGM site and join - only one band do I put on a plateau anywhere near the Fabs, and that is indeed Crimson, any incarnation!  I will private message you for further info.....[smokn]