Author Topic: OT - Van Helsing  (Read 769 times)

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
OT - Van Helsing
« on: April 13, 2004, 01:40:22 AM »
Been seeing some advertisements for the new movie Van Helsing. It looks like it might be interesting, as Van Helsing not only battles the Dracula, but the Frankenstein monster as well as the Wolfman.  Sounds to me like its a copycat of Dark Shadows!!  ;D
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re:OT - Van Helsing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 02:38:10 AM »
I don't know about it being a copy cat of Dark Shadows.  I do have a thing for Hugh Jackman.  My sister tells me it is because he has a young David Selby look.  My son tells me the movie is going to be awesome and I should like it because I like vampires and that kind of stull.

Birdie---Hugh Jackman......if you could read my mind...
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Van Helsing
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 04:02:41 AM »
OT - Birdie.....try Googling the title "Van Helsing" and watch what pops up.  The trailer is interesting........even if the story's no big deal, the movie LOOKS amazing.

And Hugh Jackman is not exactly hard on the eyes, either... ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 03:56:31 PM »
Yes, Hugh Jackman is a honey!  Did any of you see him a few weeks ago on the Actor's Studio?  He was so charming and his eyes had a delightful sparkle.  This man has talent, charm and looks to spare, and, amazingly, he still seems to have his ego in check.  He was also the only delicious highlight in the otherwise juvenile "Kate and Leopold". Some friends of mine went to see Jackman in "The Boy from Oz" and their reviews were all good to excellent.  I'm tempted to trek down to New York to see him myself!

Yes, thanks to the delectable Mr. Jackman, "Van Helsing" is definitely on my list of "must sees"!

Now, is it getting hot in here or is it just me?  LOL! [nuts]

[wavey]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 04:17:21 PM »
i'm with you i'll see it just for him but i like the looks of the movie too 8)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV