Author Topic: OT - Go Buy!!!  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
OT - Go Buy!!!
« on: December 31, 2014, 06:52:07 PM »
I can't seem to link....
Go to Amazon, there's a MOVIE (not the series), American Horror Stories....from GoHastings, it's 1.99.
There's movies on this set like "Silent Night, Bloody Night", and "Don't Look in the Basement"!!!!
There's also "Little Shop of Horrors (from 1960), "House on Haunted Hill".
Like I said, the title is American Horror StorieS.....buy the used from GoHastings (I've bought at least 20 movies from them and never had a problem). Their used price is $1.99!!!!

Cheers!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: OT - Go Buy!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 06:03:04 AM »
I could never figure out how to work a site like that, and eBay etc, because of my eye thing.  Too many steps, too much info cluttering the screen, too much to read.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 03:18:31 AM »
So, I've watched about 4 eps of "American Horror" season 2? (Asylum).

Now, I'm currently watching the MOVIE, "Point of Terror". Magnus, I'm glad you missed it....whooo, what a stinker!!!

It's laughable.....one of the WORST movies I have ever seen!!  [snow_strange]

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:12:40 PM »
Once upon a time, a knowledgeable cousin taught us that some DVDs might just be someone recording it off the TV.

For me, it was either Darrin or Claude.

Regarding the movie I so heartily recommended......uh...yeah.

The 2nd movie I watched was "Terror Express", it stars Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing AND the movie box said Telly Savalas.

Not for nothing, but I really had no desire to watch a movie with Telly Savalas.

I went to IMDb to learn about the movie; it stated that TS only came in the movie near the end. It also said that it was nice seeing Cushing/Lee not as 'mortal' hmm enemies, but, to an extent, working side by side.

THe minute I put the DVD on, I KNEW it was someone having (probably) copied it from a VHS home recording onto DVD.

Oh well.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 05:34:34 PM »
I think you mean "Horror Express".  Where did you buy it?  If it was Amazon, you should let them know.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 07:11:01 PM »
HORROR EXPRESS circulated in public domain copies for years.  I think an official release may have finally come out a couple of years ago, but these days, it can be very difficult to tell if a release with a brand name is really "official" or not.

For what it is worth, Savalas is in most of the movie.  It's been several decades since my previous viewing though I actually have a disc for it in my personal library.

G.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
Yes, it is Horror Express, but, again, TS has a 1/4 scene (while still at train station....in Siberia? China?).

A few scenes pass; TS AND his mis-matched ?Army? type guys get on train; he's brandishing a gun which I'm pretty sure was not nearly made yet (the film states the time is 1906).

He's killed fairly on in this scene, sort of resurrected, then plop...no mas!

Lee/Cushing :)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 06:05:59 AM »
I have two DVDs of it... one has a very strange cover that marks it as bootleg I guess.  It looks more like packaging for ... I don't know, an appliance or something, than it does that for a film.  It came in a CD case.  The other isn't exactly an official release either.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor