Author Topic: DS MOVIE RESTORATION SITE updated!  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
DS MOVIE RESTORATION SITE updated!
« on: April 07, 2004, 10:50:28 AM »
I've been making some minor tweaks and changes to the site over the last couple of months and haven't mentioned them, yet.

I've added pages on foreign language video releases of the films, including reviews and cover scans.

I've also added a page on rare items we're searching for...

And a page listing corrections to previously published articles and books. So far, only the DS Movie book is finished, but the DS articles will be covered in the fullness of time...

I'm keeping DS Tv series news to a minimum, simply because Stuart's site and Barnabas Undead do it better, its not really the focus of the site, and I'm forbidden from revealing details on the series before they are announced or made public, which means I can't report anything until it hits the trades or Shadowgram...

So, check em out and enjoy!

www.nightofdarkshadows.com

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:DS MOVIE RESTORATION SITE updated!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 02:40:14 PM »
Thanks for this, Darren.  btw, I absolutely adored the new photos you unveiled on Stuart's site.  The one of Grayson and Nancy hanging out in their chic sunglasses and Collins couture s my new favorite photo... very Addams Family!

Steve

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 05:14:50 PM »
Did the character Carlotta wear that extravagant outfit. . i don't remember it in the movie. . .(in the photo Steve alluded to). . i've also seen other pub stills with GH wearing it but don't remember it in the film.   Whereas the outfit label "not in film" seems close to Carlotta's death outfit. .when she jumps
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 06:12:15 PM »
Julia darling,

yes, I believe Carlotta wore the batwing number in the scene where she tells a surly Gerard that "things will be different now."  I'm pretty sure she wore it in at least one other scene as welll...

As for the blue spangled dress, I'm pretty sure she wore that in the dinner party scene.

Carlotta had more wardrobe options that Dr. Hoffman EVER had!  I guess Grayson stipulated in her contract (and btw, please note the billing in publicity for the film!) that she wanted "no more gawddamned tweed" in her wardrobe!

The first time I ever saw NoDS, when Carlotta appeared at the door of Collinwood to welcome the young master and his bride, I remember practically falling over from my perch about 2 feet in front of the TV.  "Holy Cow!" I remember sputtering.  "What's she dressed for?  A bal masque???"  Of course, my excitement at seeing the Divine One again already had me totally on edge...

xo  Steve

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 08:23:42 PM »
Carlotta wears the 'bat-wing' paisley thing in the kitchen scene mentioned above and as she holds the scratched Gerard on the stairway...

Also in the scene in the directors cut just prior to the kitchen scene where she talks to Tracy in the gallery, after she's seen Gerard through the window.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 09:56:45 PM »
 :)  Always great to hear good news on the film restorations. I keep a tight hold on my double laserdisc set and know one day you're going to make it possible for all of us to own widescreen restorations with great extras!  Darren you're on my lottery list if I ever win!
          MJ
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 10:12:56 AM »
Please win...and hurry!

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 10:17:28 AM »
Seriously, though I did have a little information on the HODS front.

I'm currently working to find out from Eirin (Essentially Japan's version of the MPAA) when HODS was submitted to them for evaluation, what was the running time of the version submitted, what was the footage length of the version submitted, and what length was approved for theatrical release.

This should give a definitive answer to the multiple reports we've received stating that the Japanese distributed a longer print.

That should tell us what my next step will be...and whether a trip to Japan will be necessary later this year...Not really a problem since I'm planning on going there on vacation this year anyway...