Poll

LARA PARKER - Which incarnation is your favorite (don't forget, much like Barn, she was usually 'just Angelique"

1795 Angelique: curses Barn's peeps that anyone who loves him will die (why not her then)
5 (26.3%)
1895 Angelique: was someone self-serving, but, also loved  the scenes with Laura
5 (26.3%)
1967: Cassandra
1 (5.3%)
1969?: Leviathan/Schular's wife....oh baby!
4 (21.1%)
Bien-sur best for last: Angelexis/PT
4 (21.1%)
I 'added' an additional option; I may have forgotten an important one. If so, can one of our mods add?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: TV Last Night=1795 Questions..  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
TV Last Night=1795 Questions..
« on: November 25, 2014, 08:24:44 PM »
So, the Depp movie was on last night, but, I think we all know what else was on, so I wasn't really able to watch much of the movie (what a shame, I've only seen it about 100 times, no exaggeration).

Recently, I was thinking of the 1795 story line. I'll list the players:

Joshua
Naomi  [hall2_kiss]
Barnabas
Sarah
ChJosette
Aunt Natalie
Count Du Pres? (is that right?)
TRASK grrrrrrr!!!!!
Angelique
Ben Stokes
And some version of the guy Vicki would end up dating, but in 1795, he (I know it's Barn's uncle) married ChJosette).

Okay, here's where I'm a little fuzzy:

N. Barrett played......somebody. Didn't she either get engaged to or married to Nathan Forbes, who was already married? If he was married, to whom?
D. Hennessy played her kid brother....I cannot remember his name...it wasn't Daniel, was it?

N. B's character 'went 'round the bend' when she found out no marriage to Forbes (sick 'em Barn!!)
What a Woman!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: TV Last Night=1795 Questions..
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:30:58 PM »
NB played Millicent Collins, a very rich but loopy hypochondriac cousin from New York, who came to Collinwood with her little brother Daniel (yup, played by DH) for Barnabas and Josette's wedding--which as we know, went right off the rails. Nathan Forbes wanted to marry Millicent for her money, but he was already married to Suki. Suki also arrived at Collinwood, posing (to Millicent anyway) as Nathan's sister, but Millicent found out the truth and also went right off the rails. Barnabas was forced to kill Suki when she went to the Old House looking for Nathan.

I also love Naomi--she's my favorite JB character. JB gave her real warmth and genuine tragic depth. And never, in my opinion, was JB more beautiful.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:29:31 PM »
I *liked* Naomi.
As EVERY adult woman AND man would attest, you C A N N O T have 2 adult women attempting to rule the house....Mrs. Johnson (not the character in 1795) played Joshua's sister, yes? (name please).

But....1895....JUDITH oh yeah baby!!!
A woman ruling the roost!!! Waaaaayyyyy ahead of it's time (and I mean BOTH 1895 AND 1968ish).
Plus, her.....Trask.....bricks.....yuckyuckyuckyuck  [hall2_grin] [hall2_cheesy]

About 1895...who was David Hennessey? (Character-wise)

Okay, and before IChing/time travel, there were Chris Jennings and Amy Jennings.

Under what circumstances did they arrive at or near Collinwood?

What were 'David & Amy''s' 1895 names? They were both the children of a certain blonde  [hall2_wink]

Going to start a poll now.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:51:30 PM »
[spoiler]I think that I shall never see Clarice Blackburn not die at a tree.[/spoiler]  I tell a lie, there's Minerva.

Clarice Blackburn played Mrs. Johnson, Abigail Collins (Bible thumping witch-worrier and Joshua's sister) in 1795, and Minerva Trask, in 1897.

David Henesy played Jamison Collins in 1897, and for a little while, Count Petofi!  Denise Nickerson played Amy, and Nora Collins in 1897.

In 1968/9, Liz Stoddard befriended Amy after Amy helped her get away from the werewolf.  This led to her being taken in at Collinwood, since her brother Chris (said werewolf who had come back to town) had no real means to take care of her, long story short.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 11:10:12 PM »
Regarding Millicent,

[spoiler]She wasn't really mad so much as hysterical as a result of various events, including Nathan playing the old "gaslight" game with her.  She went totally bonkers as a result of an unfortunate encounter with Dear Cousin Barnabas... AFTER the latter's death.  Of course, no one had told Millicent he had died--they had fed her the lie about his emigration to England.  So... given her delicate mental state, not all that surprising that the meeting cost her her sanity.[/spoiler]

Clarice got some juicy scenes as Abigail.  My favorite was the last one.  Clarice played that so brilliantly, as did JF.  They were both completely ON, and really fiery in that.

David Ford played Josette's father, Andre du Pres, a sugar magnate rather than an aristocrat. They never explained if the Countess's title was through marriage or if she inherited a title somehow or other, even though Andre wasn't supposed to be a noble.  It was a little confusing, but only if you bothered to think about it. lol.  Sometimes on DS, I just sit back and let the fur fly.

G.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 01:32:23 AM »
Clarice and Barn's last scene is absolutely delectable!

Yes, I always wondered about Monsier and la comtesse du Pres. Maybe he had an older brother or a cousin or something who was the count, but as you say, it's much more fun to just sit back and let the fur fly!  [hall2_smiley]

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 02:41:20 AM »
That is one of my all time favorite DS scenes.  Both actors were powerful.

Nancy

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 01:12:14 AM »
Hmmm...not much activity....

Please notice that Angelique in Leviathan time has the most votes.

I believe I voted for her; but, I really like her in 1895, especially up against Laura.  [santa_thumb]

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »
Regarding Angelique, with any incarnation of her, I love when her music comes on...and she's not in the scene  yet..... [santa_shocked]

Also, when she's acting straight and someone pisses her off, her music starts and then she just goes into creepy mode!  LOL.  And everynow and then she'll give us a look, and start her creepy laugh.   She was great in that part.

And regarding Laura going up against Angelique in 1897....two words....AS IF!.  We all knew that Laura's ass belonged to Angelique from the beginning.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 12:14:41 PM »
i think the most i've seen of the entire show is the entrance to Barnabas up to the end of the 1795 storyline. i'm serious! reason being is that for a long time before i taped the early episodes before he showed up on the show i'd start there 1st. and the reason is when i started taping it back in (1998) off Sci-fi Channel you know when that channel was well GOOD instead of the train wreck it is now.  the 1st episode i saw was i think #189. and that's where i started. as for the other reasons i can watch the show for a long time and than get burnt out by it.

that's just how i am though. as for the Tim Burton film when i 1st saw it i thought of it as a comedy and i think i enjoyed it more that way than thinking it was more like the show. it's not at all. anyways.

one thing i notice that i think is pretty damn funny is that any show that does the Leviathan storyline no matter if it's DS or Supernatural people seem to HATE IT! both shows i love dearly. and both aren't my favorite storylines

either but they i don't think are as bad as people make them out to be. but to each their own  i guess.