Author Topic: OT - Movie's I've Ordered  (Read 712 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
OT - Movie's I've Ordered
« on: November 18, 2014, 12:37:53 AM »
May not be DS exactly, but film noir/mystery. I've never heard of any of them; but I expect more than a few of you have.

Lost Moment

Secret of the Blue Room.

(Whole reason I was on Amazon was to order 'Mr. Belveder', which I haven't seen in about 30 years. The original is actually titled, "Sitting Pretty', which of course I ordered. Also, one of the best movies (IMHO), "Butterfield 8".)

Patti

MB, I miss the Snowmen, and on my local GEORGIA news, it shows that more that 2/3rds of country is under snow...!
What a Woman!

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: OT - Movie's I've Ordered
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 09:32:57 AM »
During my teen years and beyond, every Saturday night I watched our local program "Chiller Theater" which had a double feature horror movie and a host and other regulars who did silly skits during commercial breaks.

There was a movie called Secret of the Blue Room and another (I thought it was the same title) which was almost identical. Same plot, but a bunch of little differences. I was always thoroughly confused by this. At one  point when it was on I took extensive notes, writing down everything that happened.

I just looked it up. By now I hadn't remembered what they were about. I thought I had written both of them so I could compare them, but only had the one.

It turns out that the one I wrote out was "Murder in the Blue Room" but I looked them up on IMDB and it turns out they are both based on the same original book. So, that explains the almost identical plot, and it turns out the titles are slightly different.

That solves my mystery. Having refreshed my memory of "Murder" I don't remember much about "Secret" except that the basic plot was obviously the same. I don't recall if one was better than the other.
Josette

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: OT - Movie's I've Ordered
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:04:49 PM »
Finished watching, "Lost Moment".
Can't remember it now (a whole 2 days ago), but hey, my son is off all week from school, so cut me some slack.

I know that before putting the DVD in, I went to IMDb.
They listed that the actors included Agnes Moorehead (Endora on 'Bewitched'). Gee, really, I THOUGHT SHE DID JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE THAN ONLY BEWITCHED.  [hall2_rolleyes]

The IMDb post also sort of mentioned the subject of that, at the time of move (MCMXLVII), yes, 1947, the makeup to make Ms. Moorehead seem old was.....IDK what 'they' were saying. It was terrific, especially for 1947!!

The film is a 'little' loose (don't quite want to say sloppy, but it's borderline) just in one area only.

Overall, if you can get in on Net/Hulu or at your local library, it's worth a watch.

I FINALLY JUST GOT "SITTING PRETTY" (aka Mr. Belvedere)!!!!!
What a Woman!