Author Topic: OT/ I'll bet Barnabas would approve  (Read 886 times)

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
OT/ I'll bet Barnabas would approve
« on: March 16, 2004, 02:10:46 AM »
Hello everyone,

If this post isn't allowed I'm sure MB will delete it.  (Although I believe this is less off topic than some that are allowed to stay.)

I donated blood today and I feel great!!!  I contacted the local United Blood Services about a month ago and set up for them to come to my work where about 20 of my co-workers and I donated our blood.

I posted this because I believe in the case of the terrible tragedy in Spain a lot of us feel helpless like what can we do to help.  Few of us, if any, are going to make a huge difference in this world but if we can better the environment that we find ourselves in every day, like our work, home, church or the city we live in then we've done something positive.  Donating blood does this for me.  I like to donate about every eight weeks and have done so for the last 13 years.  I'm  not making a huge difference but I am doing something positive for the community I live in.  Believe me, no one hates needles more than I do but it's really not all that bad.  A slight discomfort for a few minutes is a small price to pay if it helps someone in need.  Who knows, someone I love or even myself might be in need someday and I'll be glad that a stranger to me took the time and donated their blood.  I realize not everyone can donate for various reasons but if you can I would encourage you to do so.

Murph

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:OT/ I'll bet Barnabas would approve
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 03:04:07 AM »
Good for you, murph!

If this post isn't allowed I'm sure MB will delete it.  (Although I believe this is less off topic than some that are allowed to stay.)

Well, we allow [limited] personal OT announcements on the forums, meaning that they involve the poster personally; otherwise, topics need to be related to DS or the forums.  Your message is of course personal, but I also wanted to mention that your tie-in to DS in the title was much appreciated.  :)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 02:38:02 PM »
I donated blood today and I feel great!!! 
[crowdhappy][clap]  Good for you Murph. And you are making a difference [crowdhappy][clap]
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 05:29:24 PM »
I'd love to be able to donate blood.  Unfortunately, under the Red Cross archaic regulations, I would have to lie about my sexual preference to be allowed to perform this civic service.

G.

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 05:53:17 PM »
Hi Murph glad to hear it.  Wish i could donate
but can't.           Love Anne ;)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 05:58:09 PM »
Thank you to posters who responded by keeping it about murph's announcement or their own personal experience!