Author Topic: Semi Off Topic: Chiller Theatre Weekend  (Read 570 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Semi Off Topic: Chiller Theatre Weekend
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:29:31 PM »
I had a wonderful time at Chiller Theatre this weekend in New Jersey. Met some very interesting celebrities and saw quite a few DS fans as well.

One of the featured guests was the very iconic Barbara Steele. She looks amazing, virtually unchanged since her time on the NBC show. Barbara is a bit eccentric but carries it off with style and panache.

There were several other guests who didn't appear on DS but had connections to the show. Marion Ross was the longtime companion of Paul Michael, King Johnny Romano.

Cindy Williams told me how gracious Joan Bennett was to her during the production of Suddenly, Love, a movie of the week from the early 1980's.

Teri Garr, who is currently battling MS, told me that in the early 1960's, she worked as a dancer with Donna McKechnie.

Chiller is a lot of fun but it is definitely NOT cheap. If your only convention experience has been at DS festivals, Chiller is much, much different. The celebrities are accessible and generally quite friendly. But there are no freebies. The price varies a lot. Some were $20 but Hulk Hogan (who I did not meet) was charging $80.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Semi Off Topic: Chiller Theatre Weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:23:01 AM »
Glad it was awesome, Unc,and thanks to the report!