Author Topic: Of Romance and Dark Shadows  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Of Romance and Dark Shadows
« on: October 13, 2014, 08:36:54 PM »
I watched KLS' interview on Volume 2 of the DS DVD Collection 14 recently, which presents the 1897 story line.

Anyway, Ms. Scott spoke of how much she enjoys appearing at the DS Festivals and meeting the many fans of the program.  She mentioned that many friendships and even romances among the fans have occurred over the years.  In fact, at the very end of the interview, Ms. Scott related that one of the DS actors met and eventually married one of the DS fans in attendance at the festival.  This was news to me.   (This reminded me of the time when the late Richard Dawson, as host of "The Family Feud," met one of the contestants on the game show and eventually married the woman.)

Unfortunately, Ms. Scott did not state which DS actor had married a DS fan.  As a lifelong "Nosy Parker," does anyone know who Ms. Scott was referring to?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Of Romance and Dark Shadows
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »
Bob, she was referring to Roger Davis, who met his wife, Donna, at a DS Festival.  She accompanied him to a later Fest in 2002 and he introduced her around outside the ballroom.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 11:52:01 PM »
Did Chris Pennock marry a fan as well?

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 07:02:13 AM »
Bob, she was referring to Roger Davis, who met his wife, Donna, at a DS Festival.  She accompanied him to a later Fest in 2002 and he introduced her around outside the ballroom.

Very interesting!  I had never heard about that.
Josette

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 12:59:33 PM »
Roger & Donna were married in 1991. I believe that they are still together.  [bat7628]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 01:46:09 AM »

Thank for the information, Midnite.

I understand that Mr. Davis is a graduate of Columbia University.  (No doubt, he had outstanding high school grades and he also must have absolutely aced the SAT's!!!) [hall2_grin]

In fact, I believe that several of the DS actors attended and/or graduated from Ivy League schools, including: Thayer David and Joel Crothers (Harvard University), Jonathan Frid (An MFA from Yale University), Grayson Hall (Cornell University, I think?) and Terry Crawford also attended one of the Ivy League schools.

In addition, I believe that the late, great Louis Edmonds graduated from Carnegie Mellon University, another outstanding university.

Bob

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »
I know several couples who initially met at the DS Festivals and some have married.  [hall2_smiley]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »
I understand that Mr. Davis is a graduate of Columbia University.  (No doubt, he had outstanding high school grades and he also must have absolutely aced the SAT's!!!) [hall2_grin]

In fact, I believe that several of the DS actors attended and/or graduated from Ivy League schools, including: Thayer David and Joel Crothers (Harvard University), Jonathan Frid (An MFA from Yale University), Grayson Hall (Cornell University, I think?) and Terry Crawford also attended one of the Ivy League schools.

Wow! I had never heard of any of this! Thanks you wonderful, nosy-Parker!!

Happy Thanksgiving

Patti

PS....can you imagine attending Harvard with Thayer David??? Cool bean man, cool beans. [hall2_wink]
What a Woman!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »
Yeah, Thayer David as a college student at Harvard, I wonder what he was like... probably would cut you to ribbons with his tongue...

My big fandom has been Dr Who, and a group I may still be a member of (my dues have lapsed) can claim a Dr Who cast member marriage, to a fan club member.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor