Author Topic: You AXED for It!!!!  (Read 756 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
You AXED for It!!!!
« on: February 12, 2004, 03:50:45 PM »
Forgot to say yesterday that in the Montage (which is probably about to go away once el Misterioso hits the saddle), I just cackle away at the shot of Cassandra with that axe.

It's a moment of classic DS melodrama in the actual episode when her voiceover is talking about "it must be done in a mortal way" and you expect something like chloroform, cyanide, or a .45, and then that big axe swings into view!  And the expression on Parker's face--Yowza!

I'd put a caption to the photo involving Roger Davis (a very good friend of Parker's in real life, btw), but I *know* it would violate Board protocol!

cackling away,  Steve

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:You AXED for It!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 05:43:23 PM »
the Montage (which is probably about to go away once el Misterioso hits the saddle), I just cackle away at the shot of Cassandra with that axe.

Actually, that montage will be up throughout the day today because that episode (#545) is the one for view on today's calendar.  :)

It's a moment of classic DS melodrama in the actual episode when her voiceover is talking about "it must be done in a mortal way" and you expect something like chloroform, cyanide, or a .45, and then that big axe swings into view!  And the expression on Parker's face--Yowza!

Unfortunately, I didn't use a close-up of Cassandra's face from that scene in the montage or the Robservation captures, so here it is for your enjoyment:

And speaking of classic DS, what about the one from yesterday's episode (#544) between Stokes and Julia, as they verbally do battle over the game of chess because Julia wants Stokes' help but refuses to satisfactorily answer any of Stokes' questions. An amazing scene that certainly ranks among DS' best.

I'd put a caption to the photo involving Roger Davis (a very good friend of Parker's in real life, btw), but I *know* it would violate Board protocol!

cackling away,  Steve

Tease us and then leave us without a payoff, why don't you?! There's a term for that, you know!  ;D

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:You AXED for It!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 06:42:51 PM »
Misterioso Darling,

what a FABULOUS closeup of Our Favorite Witch!  She really shows how it's done!

As for the caption, I had something in mind like " I WARNED you, Roger Davis, that this would be the LAST time you bumped me off camera!"

I do enjoy teasing, 'tis true.  Which is why the postal code for a certain state to our south often brings a smirk to my lips--and I'm not thinking of Rhode Island!

cackling,  Steve