Author Topic: Thayer David Info Wanted  (Read 4447 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:Thayer David Info Wanted
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2004, 04:17:39 PM »
Hi Connie, thanks for this link!  It was fun to read David's words about Grayson, Thayer, and of course, Johnny!

I do wish they would get someone to correct all the typos on that site, but you can't have it all, can you?

As I recall it, there's a slightly truncated version of the 1968 Ron Barry interview with Jonathan, Grayson, Humbert, Don Briscoe, Robert Rodan, and the unflappable Roger Davis (urghhh), on the Varese Sarabande reissue of the original Dark Shadows soundtrack album (the one from 1969).  They had a lot of room on that CD because the original LP was so short.

Unfortunately, the Thayer David Ron Barry interview has yet to be issued on CD, but a fan was kind enough to send me a tape of it, and I think Bobubas sells it, too.

Best,  G.

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004, 03:15:31 PM »
Unfortunately, the Thayer David Ron Barry interview has yet to be issued on CD, but a fan was kind enough to send me a tape of it, and I think Bobubas sells it, too.
I do indeed have several of the Ron Barry Interviews on a two disc CD set. The set includes: All four of Jonathan Frids appearances, (his 3rd appearance included Grayson Hall, Humbert Allen Astredo, Roger Davis, Don Briscoe, and Robert Rodan. Two phone interviews with Thayer David. Also included are a few trailers promoting Frids upcoming appearances on the show, as well as 11 different radio commercials for the theatrical films, House and Night of Dark Shadows.

http://bobubas.topcities.com/index.htm

Click on COLLECTABLES button and then click the CD&Book button for information. :) I currently have only 4 sets available for sale. If you wish to reserve a copy please e-mail me at; Bobubas@aol.com and in the subject line type RON BARRY INTERVIEWS to do so. As a bonus to those who order I will include a copy of this rare photo below that was taken at Grayson's apt. on that morning in 1968 that the cast drove up to Easton,PA to appear on Mr. Barry's show. :)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2004, 09:00:23 PM »
 ;)  Two Things
1.) I bought that CD from Bobubas a few years ago and my wife and I love them. Roger Davis hasn't changed in 30 years. He still tries to answer every question no matter who its asked to. Quite an artifact, and great to hear the cast relaxed with their real sense of humor.
2.) Along Thayer lines, I am curious if anyone knows where he was laid to rest. I'm also curious to know the same information about Grayson, Joel Crothers and any other cast member's gravesites anyone has visited. I made a point of visiting Bela Lugosi's and Dwight Frye's when Diane and I went to DS in Los Angeles. Its nice to be able to pay your respects to your favorites.
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 01:00:57 AM »
http://www.findagrave.com

No idea if any of them are listed, but it's a cool site.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 02:13:45 AM »

An entry for Grayson can be found there under the "nonfamous" names. Her burial site is not included, however.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 03:14:30 AM »
who's Ron Barry?

Bob...did you record these?? No, that sounds weird (even for me  ::) )....without sounding creepy, where did you obtain them?

They sound great....

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2004, 09:26:57 AM »
as well as 11 different radio commercials for the theatrical films, House and Night of Dark Shadows.

Most of these have to be heard to be believed because they're THAT bizarre!!  [lghy]

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2004, 04:34:12 PM »
who's Ron Barry?

Bob...did you record these?? No, that sounds weird (even for me  ::) )....without sounding creepy, where did you obtain them?

Ron Barry was a disc jockey for W.E.S.T radio in Easton,PA. While home sick one day he happened across an episode of DS, and like the rest of us, fell in love with the show. He made several trips down to the NYC studio to watch tapings, and made friends with several members of the cast.

Over the past 13+ years I compiled the interviews from private collectors, auctions, and collectable dealers.

MB, you are so right, the radio spots are a real hoot. :)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2004, 11:17:49 PM »

Luciaphil, while I love Findagrave and have haunted it (all puns intended  ;) ) for hours at a time, Thayer and Grayson's info just ain't there  :-[  I should have mentioned that when I asked. So, any of you other loyal, nut case fans like myself know? I once heard Grayson was in NY. I know Joan Bennett is in Lyme CT, just not sure where.
       Cyrus aka Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2004, 11:42:31 PM »
I believe, GH's family wants the location kept private, but IIRC, it is in NYS somewhere. Not that that helps  :P

Bennett's in Pleasant View Cemetery in Lyme, CT.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »
I believe Thayer did the voice of the comic book character "The Kingpin" on a "Spiderman" rock and roll album released around 1972 as well. I have it and it's pretty funny...

For years I took it for granted that Grayson Hall was on that Disney Haunted House album. I was shocked to learn that she was not. I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999% certain that Thayer David played the Kingpin on the Spiderman Rockomic album, but it was uncredited. Does anyone have absolute confirmation that he was indeed on it? Was his role referred to in any interviews or publicity for the record, etc?