Author Topic: Angelique  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Angelique
« on: March 15, 2002, 10:29:25 AM »
First, it always seems so sad when Naomi is helping her prepare for the wedding.  On the surface it appears as though it's just a case of Joshua disapproving because of her station in life.  She looks so beautiful as a bride.  There's Naomi being sweet and nice and helping her.  She immediately finds her a white dress, even gives her her own mother's jewelry and does everything she can to make it nice for both of them.  It seems like such a genuine and sweet story.  Except, one knows what really went on to put Angelique in this position and what she's really like.  It could all have been so nice, but . . . .

Meanwhile, I had to laugh when Ben rescues her from the grave and she vows to not do anything bad anymore!  And, immediately afterwards, there was Jeremiah's ghost laughing!

And, she proves it right away.  If only she had waited a while and "tried out" the marriage.  Barnabas, having married her, I'm sure would have tried to be a good husband.  She really loves him, or so she says.  I think it had a chance of working out.  But, right away she has to start getting jealous.  She actually has him.  I could see if she had really seen something to cause suspicion of him with Vicki, but as it is, I would think the excuse of "saving" her from Trask coming from both of them should have seemed true.  Given all she went through to get him, why couldn't she just wait and see instead of starting up to her old tricks immediately.
Josette

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: Angelique
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2002, 01:07:28 PM »
It's been pointed out that Barnabas gave Angelique reason to be concerned.  After all, he DID have a relationship with her in Martinique when supposedly he was in love with Josette.  He confessed to her when he agreed to marry her that he'd always love Josette and that Angelique would have to be content playing second fiddle in his heart.  And then she finds a music box he intended to gift to Josette as a wedding gift--in their bedroom!  

Angelique, gorgeous and chaming as she was, always suffered from a mysterious lack of self-esteem, and I suppose since Vicki was a beautiful enemy (with dark hair like Josette), she feared losing her new husband to the  "guest."  

Barnabas seemed willing to give the marriage a go, but Angelique didn't trust him enough to remain faithful to her and apparently didn't consider herself worthy enough to keep him.   She could have had it all, but instead was the author of her own book titled MISERY (or was that Stephen King)?

Love, Robin  

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 02:17:09 PM »
Angelique could of used her magical powers to check on the order of things . Using them in a good way instead of ah harmful one. Obviously she had the capability. But if she was a Samantha Stevens like witch, there would be no DS.. So goes the soap suds...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2002, 08:57:07 PM »
First, it always seems so sad when Naomi is helping her prepare for the wedding. ....  There's Naomi being sweet and nice and helping her.  She immediately finds her a white dress, even gives her her own mother's jewelry and does everything she can to make it nice for both of them.  

And Angie WHINES about how plain it is!  sheesh! How can people be so heartless!

Ringo
[suffering from a case of 'chest fever' today - I feel awful!] [puke]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 10:54:32 PM »

And Angie WHINES about how plain it is!  sheesh! How can people be so heartless!

Ringo

Oh, dear....hope it's nothing serious.

I can't believe no one's said this yet, so I'll do it.....

Shouldn't you be having a hot toddy?

Feel better,
Raineypark, who's already had a years-worth of "bugs" and better not catch anything new from you guys.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2002, 11:58:20 PM »

Ringo

i thought the same thing Ringo what a little witch with a b as CastleBee says haha!

jennifer
also hope you are feeling better a hot toddy would do it
or at least you'll sleep through it! :-[
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2002, 01:15:24 AM »
This is away from the hot toddy, but Angelique's dress was remarkably clean for her wedding, since she had just been lying in the dirt at the graveyard.

I think I must be the oldest one on here.  I remember the end of World War II and the Truman administration.
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2002, 03:12:16 AM »
This is away from the hot toddy, but Angelique's dress was remarkably clean for her wedding, since she had just been lying in the dirt at the graveyard.

Hey Cocoa,

Naomi agreed with you and gave her another gown to wear....Personally I liked both dresses, of course, minus the dirt! ;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2002, 04:18:07 AM »
Welcome Cocoa!!

So glad to see a new name posting.   ;D

Don't worry about how far back you can remember.  Some of us might be younger, but  jealous that WE can't remember what we had for lunch!!

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2002, 05:33:35 PM »

Ringo

Hope you're feeling better.

As for Angelique whining, hey, didn't you know?  "It's all about me"--could be her sig.  ;D

She wants to be Cinderella, but I would bet you money she would be griping to the fairy godmother that the coach wasn't what she had hoped it would be and that the dress wasn't splendid enough, and she really had a different idea about the shoes . . . Evita comes across as less self-involved sometimes.

And now I am going to have that first cup of coffee 8) and prepare for the hours I need to spend with the microfilm machine  :P

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Thom

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2002, 10:33:02 PM »
Naomi's kindness to Angie in 1795 always had me wondering why Angie didn't at least treat Elizabeth with some affection when she came on as Cassandra in 1968. I know the show needed to create tension btwn. Liz and Cassandra because of Roger but Cass was heartless in her casting spells on Liz!! Maybe one of the reasons was that Joan bennett had it in her contract to have the summer off to do plays, whatever and Liz needed to go to Wyncliffe to accomodate this.

I remember being terrified of the grave scene with Angie in the dirt because I was only 7 when the show originally aired and the creepy Jeremiah ghost freaked me out - or whatever we would have said in 1968!

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2002, 10:43:35 PM »
Naomi's kindness to Angie in 1795 always had me wondering why Angie didn't at least treat Elizabeth with some affection when she came on as Cassandra in 1968.

LOL, maybe she just didn't make the "resemblance connection" in 1968...sometimes I think that it's just us and Vicki who know for sure that all these people look alike. ;)

Cheers,

Linda

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2002, 11:04:54 PM »

LOL, maybe she just didn't make the "resemblance connection" in 1968...sometimes I think that it's just us and Vicki who know for sure that all these people look alike. ;)

:D   You're right, Linda!  And to think all this time we kept accusing Vicki of being dumb!

Ben

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2002, 11:13:22 PM »

How can people be so heartless!

For a minute there, Ringo, I thought you were about to launch into the next line of an appropriate theme song for Angie (from "Hair") which continues, "How can people be so cruel ... Easy to be hard ... easy to be cold ..."

Feel better, Ringo!  Hope the hot toddies do the trick.
Ben

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2002, 01:28:10 AM »

As I recall it, she was busy making the connection with Tony, Maggie, and Stokes, and in some of these instances remarked on it.

On the other hand, she was quite friendly right off the bat with Julia at least until she found out that she was in love with Barnabas.

Makes you wonder . . .  8)

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga