Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #328 - James Storm's "Wanderlust"  (Read 627 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #328 - James Storm's "Wanderlust"
« on: September 12, 2014, 06:38:24 PM »
SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS ONLINE NEWS:
SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE   # 328
August 27, 2014

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following key breaking news in this Official DS News Online Update "bulletin."

***** JAMES STORM INVITES YOU TO JOIN IN AN EXCITING PROJECT

Jim (Gerard Stiles) asks SG to premiere-announce something he’s very excited about: A special new project. He hopes you will share it with other DS fans, family, friends, colleagues, and everyone who’d be interested.

Here is Jim’s full message to all of you.

WANDERLUST

"The heart of America is in the open road."

What is it about the open road?

What is it about the constant motion, no matter where you are going or what direction?

What is it about the WANDERLUST?

Combined with the two great passions of mine, travel and of course photography, it is the "Unknown."

It's the thrill of being in the present moment, hearing the stories of people and capturing their lives and the events surrounding those lives through the distinctive personal eye of the camera lens.

So in October of this year I am jumping on a Greyhound Bus, leaving Los Angeles, and heading for Billings, Montana. I want to take an in-depth look at the people who travel by this means of transportation, whether for just pure pleasure or maybe out of necessity. I want to hear their stories and capture those stories and events of the unknown in photographs.

Once in Billings, I will be going behind the scenes at the world-class Nile Rodeo (Northern International Livestock Exposition) and photographing an in-depth look at the lives and spirits of these "Gypsies of the West."

I really would like to take you on this trip with me. To do that, I am asking for your support to help me raise the funds to document the lives and events of the folks I meet on this journey.

To learn more about this exciting project and to contribute to "WANDERLUST," please view my video at INDIEGOGO.

---- THE DIRECT VIDEO LINK IS:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wanderlust--11/x/8467873

The good news is that ALL contributions are a tax deduction. I have recently been accepted by FROM THE HEART, a not-for-profit organization, All donations will go for equipment and post-production work.

In 2015, my photographic work will be shown at THE LOST STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY GALLERY in Hollywood, California. Contributors will have their names printed and recognized as sponsors of this exhibit. There also will be a coffee table book in the near future and all donors will be acknowledged as well.

You are invited to become a fellow traveler on this journey because I daily will be blogging captivating images on Facebook and Twitter. I will dedicate my online commentaries to all those who have been so generous to donate.

And now it's time to Thank You.

I have created some truly wonderful gift ideas from this project. Each is named for an American photographer who has inspired and influenced me.

And once again, all contributions are tax deductible.

--- GIFT IDEAS / PERKS:

The Robert Frank   $25.00  One of six images from the collection to be a screen saver for the computer. Also a "shout out" on Facebook and Twitter.

The Dorothea Lange    $100.00  Choice of one of six prints mounted and signed. Also a "shout out" on Facebook and Twitter.

The Vivian Maier   $250.00  One of six prints signed and framed. A Limited Edition.

The Richard Avedon   $500.00  All of the above and dinner with the photographer, James Storm.

I want to thank you for your time. Thank you also for taking this journey with me and being part of documenting a history of people on the move, people with the WANDERLUST.

THANK YOU,

JAMES STORM

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #330 - James Storm's "Wanderlust"; KLS returns to Goldbergs
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 06:41:45 PM »
SHADOWGRAM OFFICIAL DARK SHADOWS ONLINE NEWS:
SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE   # 330

September 11, 2014

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,
ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following key breaking news in this Official DS News Online Update "bulletin."

**** KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT GUESTS IN TV COMEDY NEW EPISODE
**** NEW MESSAGE FROM JAMES STORM

**** KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT RETURNS TO “THE GOLDBERGS”

This week Kathryn (Maggie) is filming another episode of the ABC comedy “The Goldbergs.” She reprises “Miriam,” the girlfriend of a regular character.

She previously appeared in the role in a November, 2013 episode and in a March, 2014 episode as well.

**** JAMES STORM THANKS YOU

Jim (Gerard Stiles) asks SG to please share his latest message about his upcoming photography trip . (Also see SG Update # 328 – August 27)

Hi there, Friends,

It's getting down to the wire and I sure would like to have you join me on this trip in October. It will be an open look at people traveling through a western part of the U.S., on their ways to whatever draws them to the road, to follow their WANDERLUST.

My camera, blog, Facebook and Twitter sharing will explore their stories and their lives. My camera lens also will capture the world of the Rodeo, which has its roots in the settling of the American West by men and women who were led by their own Wanderlust over many decades.

I‘d like to do this with you and with your help. A donation in any amount is more than appreciated. My thanks to those who already have offered their kind support.

Please remember your contributions are tax deductible and I thank you with special perk gifts.

Please share my WANDERLUST by going to

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wanderlust--11

I thank you for your help and encouragement.

From  Jim Storm

Dark Shadows – Gerard Stiles
Bold & the Beautiful – Bill Spencer
One Life to Live – Dr. Larry Wolek

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #331 - J. Storm: Autographed CD for contributing DS fans
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:24:35 PM »
SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE   # 331

September 21, 2014

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

**** SG PREMIERE ANNOUNCEMENT: 
PERSONALLY AUTOGRAPHED BONUS GIFT FOR DARK SHADOWS FANS!

Please read this entire message from DS’ JIM STORM for full details.

Hey there, Friends,

Summer is winding down. As it does, the winding road northeast from Los Angeles to Billings, Montana, is urging me to hop on that Greyhound bus in about a month.

Through my camera and social media, I’ll share with you the photos and stories of the various people and places I encounter along that road. I’ll follow them as they follow their own WANDERLUST. I’ll also share photos and stories of the down-to-earth Rodeo world in Billings.

This trip will be possible thanks to YOU. My heartfelt thanks go to those who already have helped with their generous donations.

Your tax-deductible support is appreciated when you go to WANDERLUST at indiegogo.com

**** ANNOUNCING:  BONUS EXTRA THANK-YOU: AUTOGRAPHED GIFT FOR DARK SHADOWS FANS!

I also want to let you know that I’d like to throw something more into the mix. This is only for the fans of Dark Shadows.

I’m here announcing a bonus gift for Dark Shadows fans who make a minimum contribution of $50 or more. This new gift will be autographed and personalized to your name.

You will receive my “Shadow of A Storm” musical CD in addition to your choice of a screen-saver gift perk of one of my trip photos. This personally-signed CD is on a first-come-first-served basis.

On this CD, I perform 9 country-western and folk songs, including 2 that I wrote: “Hard-Hearted Woman” and “Put Your Head on My Shoulder.” I accompany myself on guitar.

I’ve performed “Lost Highway” and “Two More Bottles of Wine” at the DS Festivals. A number of years ago, the CD was distributed to stores and was a Barnes & Noble “CD of the Week” selection. The CD hasn’t been readily available for many years. These are from my own collection.

To receive my exclusive musical CD in thanks for your $50-or-more donation to WANDERLUST, please follow these steps:

1--- Go to this link and donate through indiegogo.com

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wanderlust--11/x/8467873

2—Then please directly email Marcy Robin at ShadowGram@aol.com and include:

--- The complete email address you used to donate and your full name
--- Your complete postal-mail address with zip code
--- The amount you contributed to WANDERLUST

Marcy will forward this information to me and your personally-autographed CD soon will be sent to you.

I’m very excited to offer the CD to the Dark Shadows fans and I hope they will enjoy it.  Marcy and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks and a lot of Love,

Jim Storm (Dark Shadows’ Gerard Stiles)