Author Topic: Ep #525  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Ep #525
« on: January 14, 2004, 08:48:54 PM »
Just after Nicholas returns the painting to Vicki, he says, "Oh, Miss Winters" and she replies, "Yes?"  At that point in the MPI tape the screen turns a bright green, and I'm curious what happens in that spot on the DVD.

Roger to Nicholas:  "She's an odd girl, Vicki.  She's been acting very strangely lately."  LATELY?  And you shouldn't talk, Mr. Dover Beach.

I wouldn't know where to begin listing why I love Nicky Blair!  It's a pity there's no capture on the forum of the shadows he was casting over Angelique's portrait with his hands.  I was waiting for them to form a bunny. :D 

Offline VictoriaWintersFan

• Junior Poster
  • "My journey is beginning..."
    • View Profile
Re:Ep #525
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 10:32:28 PM »
I have that DVD Set and have watched it. There is no glitch at all on the DVD. I know some may disagree, but I believe the DVD's are much more efficient and will last longer than VHS. The DVD Sets are worth the money, and the quality is better than television.

Shane
Victoria Winters

~Governess of Collinwood~

1966-1968,1795

Her journey back from 1795 to present is just beginning....

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 11:34:43 PM »
I have a theory that this episode was the exact moment in time that Alexandra Moltke decided to leave the show.  Bad enough they make her play Vickie as a witless twit....but that wretched peignoir made her look the size of a small log cabin and I'll bet THAT was the last straw!!  ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline wes

• THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • Junior Poster
  • My Journey is Beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 01:18:50 AM »
 :o It could be that Vicki was hiding "little Adam" under that frock -- unless it was too soon for the little nipper to be showing.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 02:08:00 AM »
unless it was too soon for the little nipper to be showing.

Way too soon. Did she look like she was more than seven months pregnant when she left the show?  ;)

Offline wes

• THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • Junior Poster
  • My Journey is Beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 02:15:03 AM »
 8) I think Adam was born on June 22, which is my mom's birthday.  That's Alexandra's Adam, btw, not Dr. Lang's Adam!

8) ... and the year was 1969... which does seem way to early!

Offline DarkShadowyFigure

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 02:40:28 AM »
Just after Nicholas returns the painting to Vicki, he says, "Oh, Miss Winters" and she replies, "Yes?"  At that point in the MPI tape the screen turns a bright green, and I'm curious what happens in that spot on the DVD.

On the dvd, after Nicholas returns the painting to Vicki, she says "Thank you, good night" and begins to walk away, but apparently the "Oh Miss Winters"/"Yes" scene has been deleted. Instead, Vicki has stopped and turned around to respond to Nicholas (who never said her name on the dvd). He puts his hands up, says, "No, never mind".   A quick time travel glitch perhaps?

I'm currently watching the 1795 SL but the glich mystery made me want to jump ahead for this post!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 03:01:17 AM »
DarkShadowyFigure,

Thank you so much for checking into it and posting.  The dialogue on the tape indeed comes between those 2 lines (between Vicki's "Good night" and Nicholas' "No, never mind.")   I know the trimmed exchange wasn't crucial, but the fan in me cringes at the thought of it.

I'm currently watching the 1795 SL but the glich mystery made me want to jump ahead for this post!

It was much appreciated! :)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 05:38:54 AM »
I know the trimmed exchange wasn't crucial, but the fan in me cringes at the thought of it.

Exactly! And yet another example of something that somehow just happened to be trimmed without anyone supposedly having been given the authority to trim it. Amazing how all these "unauthorized" edits keep adding up.  >:(

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 03:53:08 PM »
I believe Alexandra Moltke Isles gave birth to her son, Adam, on June 27, 1968, the second anniversary of DS' premiere.  I've read this in several places; can anyone confirm?

Love, Robin

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 04:35:19 PM »
Hi Robin!  did you mean to type 1969 there?

Many thanks to DarkShadowyFigure for revealing yet another cut on the DVDs!  I wonder just how many there are.

I wish that an UNCUT, unremastered version of the original videos would be released.  At least with DVD recorders starting to come down in price, fans who have all the MPI tapes can make their own.

At least, those who didn't toss their videos when they began acquiring the DVDs, on the mistaken belief that the DVDs were pristine copies of the original series content, can do so...

Holding on to my old tapes,

G.

Offline DarkShadowyFigure

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 04:37:39 AM »
Glad my dvd could be of assistance while it awaits me to catch up on episodes.  Had Midnite not mentioned the glitch, I might have thought there was something wrong with the dvd or the player by the time I reached that ep. That was the case when my last player started to go evil on me- skipping over or freezing up on scenes.

I never realized til now the eps were edited from vhs to dvd. If they won't show us the uncut versions on dvd, they could at least include the edited scenes as an extra per dvd box set.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2004, 09:17:57 AM »
Just after Nicholas returns the painting to Vicki, he says, "Oh, Miss Winters" and she replies, "Yes?"  At that point in the MPI tape the screen turns a bright green, and I'm curious what happens in that spot on the DVD....

Here is a frame by frame.  You can see where the cut was made.  There is suddenly an abrut cut from how Victoria was moving and leaving the room.

Which then goes in the next frame to:

I wouldn't know where to begin listing why I love Nicky Blair!  It's a pity there's no capture on the forum of the shadows he was casting over Angelique's portrait with his hands.  I was waiting for them to form a bunny. :D

I personally love him.  And, here are his hands.  You are quite right in that he is about to make a bunny....

From Raineypark: ...but that wretched peignoir made her look the size of a small log cabin and I'll bet THAT was the last straw!!

I thought it was clever they had her nightgown match her sheets.  At least, it wasn't the yellow nightgown with the blue sheets and the green blanket!  Yuck!

From VictoriaWintersFan: I have that DVD Set and have watched it. There is no glitch at all on the DVD. I know some may disagree, but I believe the DVD's are much more efficient and will last longer than VHS. The DVD Sets are worth the money, and the quality is better than television.

It took me the second viewing to see the really bad cut of the camera.  It didn't make sense when you see her movement patterns.  I do agree that the DVDs are really good.  You get lots and lots of detail that you don't get with the videos.  Yes, they make the little cuts.  And, hopefully they have learned from this group not to do it anymore.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2004, 05:47:12 PM »
And, here are his hands.  You are quite right in that he is about to make a bunny....

LOL, thank you!!

Would you mind if I saved a copy of that capture? :P

I thought it was clever they had her nightgown match her sheets.  At least, it wasn't the yellow nightgown with the blue sheets and the green blanket!  Yuck!

Snort!

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2004, 09:11:13 PM »
Would you mind if I saved a copy of that capture? :P

No not at all.  I figure you can see the URL of the image and right click it from there.  Please let me know if you need it e-mailed to you.