Author Topic: 1841 PT Josette  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
1841 PT Josette
« on: January 09, 2004, 09:02:28 AM »
In many ways I find it hard to picture Josette developing into this woman.  Perhaps PT people were different!  Anyway, I've always liked this older Josette.

Way back when I first signed on at the SciFi Bulletin Boards, I had been reading them at the library for almost half a year.  Initially, I intended just to read, not post.  But, as time went on, I felt that I was getting to know a lot of the posters and wished I could part of them.  When I finally found how to get an e-mail address without having my own connection at home, I excitedly joined in.

I had intended to take a DS name, and of the available ones, Josette seemed the best choice.  I think there were various forms of Angelique's name already, and perhaps because I have dark hair, Josette seemed better.  None of the other women characters seemed sufficiently interesting.

So, when I first tried to sign up as Josette and discovered there already was one, it was quite a shock.  Then I thought of adding the Josettedupres, and for about 7 years now, I've been Josette.

I always think of that in terms of the young woman Barnabas loved.  But today, as I was thinking of this older version (as I said, I've always liked her), I decided I was quite pleased to be able to be identified with her as well.
Josette

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Re:1841 PT Josette
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 09:11:36 AM »
 Well...hello there Josette.

I've always liked the 1841 PT Josette Collins better for some reason also.She seems very stern but caring. She also could have been a good matriarch for the Collins family had Flora or Julia had been absent.

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 05:01:21 PM »
But today, as I was thinking of this older version (as I said, I've always liked her), I decided I was quite pleased to be able to be identified with her as well.

We Love You Josette[9341]

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 01:59:09 AM »
In many ways I find it hard to picture Josette developing into this woman.  Perhaps PT people were different!  Anyway, I've always liked this older Josette.

I thought the same thing and mentioned it last time around. . blonde, no frenchieness.  . . well Josette did run off awfully easy with Jeremiah so slogging over to Justin after Barnabas died was kinda similar. . .
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 03:15:24 AM »
blonde, no frenchieness.

Even more striking than the different hair color or accent is the personality overhaul.  The RT Josette of 1795/6 never struck me as a particularly self-aware, or strong-willed, young woman.

above discussion continues here:
1795/6 Josette

well Josette did run off awfully easy with Jeremiah so slogging over to Justin after Barnabas died was kinda similar. . .

I don't think the two events are at all similar.  Josette wasn't being victimized by Angelique when she turned to Justin; the elopement with Jeremiah was due to what RobinV once called "pitchfork love".

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004, 03:32:50 AM »
     Since the Josette in PT had such a different personality than the Josette in RT it makes me wonder what Barnabas in PT was like.  Was he a mealy mouth milque-toast?  abused toady to his wealthy relatives?  Josette must have loved him anyway.  Maybe, Bramwell's need to be rich is because he saw his father in such a weak and subservient position.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2004, 04:52:52 AM »
I don't think the two events are at all similar.  Josette wasn't being victimized by Angelique when she turned to Justin; the elopement with Jeremiah was due to what RobinV once called "pitchfork love".

Ah come on. . .basically Josette in either time was a tart ..  >:D
Julia99

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2004, 08:31:37 AM »
I've always liked the 1841 PT Josette Collins better for some reason also.She seems very stern but caring.

I like her too.  PLUS, she's got to be some sort of saint to put up with that idiot son of her's (good hair, or not good hair).  [lghy]
Ah -- a mother's love -- it's pretty much unshakeable, isn't it.  (Nature made it that way - for situations like ending up with a son like Bramwell, or Gabriel, etc.)

[grinb]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2004, 04:32:05 PM »
I know I've mentioned before the PT1841 Josette is my favorite character in that storyline.  While practically everyone else on that estate is in need of a good slap-fest for being so self-absorbed, she was the only one who who thought of others while maintaining her dignity.  It was apparent that as much as she was disliked by those in the Great House, she was also highly respected.  She's like June Cleaver with an attitude.

Gerard

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2004, 05:10:11 PM »
  While practically everyone else on that estate is in need of a good slap-fest for being so self-absorbed, she was the only one who who thought of others while maintaining her dignity.

I agree, she had dignity and was comfortable in her own skin.  I don't think she was a tart but I think Justin took advantage of Josette during her time of grief and loneliness. 
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer