Author Topic: Shadows of '68  (Read 706 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Shadows of '68
« on: January 04, 2004, 11:40:01 PM »
Many thanks to the MB for the spiffy, gorgeous 1968 New Year's Montage!

1968 is still my all-time favorite DS storyline--it was when I started watching so I guess you always think most fondly of your first love!

Interesting idea to poll about where to go from here.  I have fun reading *any* discussions of the show, and I know I can't commit to watching 2 episodes a day, so I will abstain.  FWIW, I have been watching the Introduction of Julia shows off and on, and have been having great fun.  Last night, oddly, I pulled out a Forever Knight tape that had the episodes of Barnabas' arrival on them.  It's been a really long time since I watched those shows (they were on the tape because I often taped FK and DS on the same day while I was at work--back in '99, Sci Fi was playing the shows back to back--this was when they had people with some degree of sense and taste working for the network).  I'd forgotten how clever the dialogue in Barnabas' first full episode was--and was surprised to see that the script for that show was authored by Ron Sproat.  I may have to revise my opinion of Sproat's writing skills--I'd thought of him as a competent workman, at best.

I watched a couple of scenes, too, with James Hall's Willie.  That guy really made my skin crawl--sometimes in a strangely agreeable fashion.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Shadows of '68
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 12:37:54 AM »
I have fun reading *any* discussions of the show, and I know I can't commit to watching 2 episodes a day, so I will abstain.

Actually, we're only going to be watching one episode per day.  ;)