Author Topic: Picky Complaints  (Read 2127 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Picky Complaints
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2002, 09:15:02 PM »

...I seldom stop to wonder why the dead guy poking through the dirt was schlepped six feet under in the potter's field without a box.  Good music can distract me, too...even now, the "hand pushing out of the soil" tactic works in Michael Jackson's "Thriller." :D

I know what you mean Linda...I guess somewhere in the back of my mind I think well, what the heck - if the guy can be resurrected then I guess it wouldn't be too hard to imagine that he'd have the strength to bust through the wooden coffin!  [wink2]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2002, 10:08:09 PM »
DARK SHADOWS is what it is.  Even when I watched it back in the Sixties and early Seventies, I noticed the flaws and inconsistencies, but I loved it anyway, and let it go after noting it to myself.  

If such things bothered me, I'd never have become a fan of this show anyway.  Let's face it, there were glaring, sometimes silly, inconsistences and unbelievable happenings--but like my ancient grandmother, who was always belching, farting and telling us what bad grandchildren we were, we forgave her, loved her and kept on seeing and enjoying her for what she was!    

Love, Robin

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2002, 10:13:07 PM »
DARK SHADOWS is what it is.  Even when I watched it back in the Sixties and early Seventies, I noticed the flaws and inconsistencies, but I loved it anyway, and let it go after noting it to myself.  

If such things bothered me, I'd never have become a fan of this show anyway.  

It's funny.  There are those who love it despite the inconsistencies and flaws and those who love it because of them
:D
Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga