Author Topic: The Blog Where Horror Dwells: DS Turns 48  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The Blog Where Horror Dwells: DS Turns 48
« on: June 28, 2014, 06:01:38 AM »
Dark Shadows Turns 48, by one of my favorite horror authors.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: The Blog Where Horror Dwells: DS Turns 48
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »
I ALWAYS watch episode one in honor of the day...

last night I was too tired after I got home from work. have to watch it this weekend.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 08:04:56 PM »
Enjoy, michael c!!!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 05:18:22 AM »
As I posted several times before, I watched that pilot episode (on the next day, since out ABC affiliate did a day-later broadcast at 11:00 in the morning for awhile).  I'm boastfully one of those who saw it and watched it almost in its entirety from the beginning to the end.  I missed episodes when I had to battle my mother (when it switched to it's regular time at 3:00 p.m. on the initial day of broadcast CST) because she wanted to watch Art Linkletter's House Party and then The Galloping Gourmet, but I won.  During a part of the Linkletter/Gourmet/DS mom/son war, I would run with my best friend to his house to watch it.  And his family was among the first in the neighborhood to get a color TV, so I got to see certain episodes in color (although on those primitive sets, attached to antennas with rotors, most everything looked green).  But I did win.  Art went off the air, my mom lost interest in the gourmet, and my stubbornness won out over hers.  From then on, 3:00 was reserved for DS.  I'd race home, throw open the door, rip off my jacket/coat and toss it on my bed, and slide across the carpet to turn on the TV just in time to catch the opening.  I actually wore out that patch of carpeting and my parents had to replace the whole thing which still exists in late 60's brown shag that's still there. 

Gerard