Author Topic: OT - If this IS fake...  (Read 1486 times)

LorraineAAB

OT - If this IS fake...
« on: December 21, 2003, 06:57:30 AM »
... The international press is gonna look SO gullible....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003583270,00.html

plus at a dozen or more news sites.  However, I haven't found one yet with a video loop, like the impounded-car-lot ghost from last summer.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:OT - If this IS fake...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 10:13:51 PM »
 ;DIsn't the Sun Llanview's own  :D :D cheesy newspaper?
And...we've made the correlation between DS to OLTL, so, Lorraine, thanks for the link!!

Patti :-  :-   (that's cool)
What a Woman!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 01:47:29 PM »
One day early in October this year I was stuck at home waiting for a plumber to show up to install a new garbage disposal (just part of the glamorous life I lead  :D). It was one of those chilly, overcast fall days when your mind kind of goes all DS and you start thinking things like ¢â‚¬¦ hmmm, wonder if there are any cool photos of ghosts  [ghost] on the web.  So, I started doing a search and not surprisingly, found tons of stuff.  Now, if this photo from Hampton Court ISN'T a fake well, it is definitely one of the very best - if not THE best example so spiritography on record.  Either way, when my sister pointed it out to me in the paper it pretty much creeped me out!  Call me Crazy Jenny [nut] but whatever the case, I'm always up for a good ghost story!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 06:33:09 PM »
Either way, when my sister pointed it out to me in the paper it pretty much creeped me out!  Call me Crazy Jenny  but whatever the case, I'm always up for a good ghost story!

I love ghostly stuff myself; it gives me a good case of the willies (hey, that's funny). However, with all the tools to doctor photos nowadays, even a total novice can create images that look like things they're not. Photographic evidence is no longer evidence at all, and given the human propensity to inflate, distort, or dispense with the truth, I tend to be skeptical of anything of this nature that I don't experience myself. And alas, I've never experienced anything that I can't truthfully write off to a natural occurrence, even if I haven't quite understood it right at that moment.

But when it comes to such things "out there"... I want to believe, as it says on Agent Mulder's poster.

--Mark

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 08:10:24 PM »
Julia99

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 10:25:37 PM »
Mark...I'm glad you brought this up.

One thing I hate about all the technology of today is I think it takes away from any and all creativity.

With paste/copy, that photo would be nothing.

But....we're old enough to remember when faking something like that would've been way cool!

(This whole facet really bothers me with movies; it's like, no acting, no editing....just point & click. I know you wanted my 2 cents.)

Patti
What a Woman!