Author Topic: Carrie Stokes  (Read 3818 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Carrie Stokes
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2003, 08:34:28 PM »
Actually, non-contract status is something that's being done more and more in these days of buget-conscious-daytime-production. Recently several GH actors were asked to drop to non-contract status (though some (like Kristina Wagner) chose to leave the show instead). However, in Kathy Cody's case one has to remember that her situation was different. She was used heavily in the Summer of 1970 period but less so in 1840, not because she wasn't under contract, but because the unavailability of David Henesy left the writers scrambling to find something to do with her. At least when it came to 1841PT, Henesy's absence was no longer at issue.

But anyway, here's but one write-up from the daytime magazines (this dated July 1972) that references Cody's DS contract status:

Beautiful Kathleen Cody, who just one year ago was under contract to one of the most popular soaps in daytime history, Dark Shadows, where she played the dual roles of Hallie/Carrie Stokes ("I loved my time on the show"), now finds herself the lucky recipient of a contract for a three picture deal at Disney. Eighteen now and living with her folks in New York, she'll be returning to Hollywood soon for her next Disney assignment...

And in case anyone is interested, her three Disney films were:
  • Snowball Express (1972)
  • Charley and The Angel (1973)
  • Superdad (1974)

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2003, 09:05:12 PM »
I have begun to wonder if Carrie was brought in not only because she was under contract, but because James Storm became unavailable. Their characters serve the same purpose, as a psychic who used supernatural means to reveal hints and thereby foreshadow later plot points. Its more odd that James Storm made 2 quick appearences, ending with him heavily implyinh he would continue to be around. Anybody else notice this, almost a "bait and switch."
     I do agree Kathy Cody is much better used here than as DS's "Jan Brady."
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2003, 09:12:38 PM »
Does Kathy Cody still work in the industry?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2003, 03:49:42 AM »
My info is at least six years old, but the last I read she was living in Florida with her family, occasionally doing local commercials and industrial films. I believe she was also the spokeswoman for a few different companies.

Perhaps someone else knows something more up to date...

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Carrie Stokes
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 08:47:22 PM »
I don't mind Carie Stokes, and although many people didn't care for Hallie or Carie, I didn't have a problem with them. I especially liked how Carie was infatuated with Gerard, but then finds a more likely match with Jeremy grimes. It allowed us to see a bit of normalcy among all the spookiness.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

IluvBarnabas

Re: Carrie Stokes
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 03:38:09 AM »
I have never understood all the hate towards Hallie. Maybe it's just me, but she was a sweetheart. Even though I liked Amy a bit more as David's companion, I still think Hallie was an all-around nice girl. I'll take her over Alexander and Michael (I hate these Leviathan kids!!!) any day.

I also liked Carrie Stokes and  [spoiler]thought her little "romance" with Jeremy was cute. Too bad it didn't work out for them though. But I suppose Jeremy's hardened change-of-heart (his believing Quentin a warlock and killed his father) was too much of a jolt for her.[/spoiler]