Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #322 -- Fest Update: Sleepy Hollow tour  (Read 927 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #322 -- Fest Update: Sleepy Hollow tour
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:03:19 AM »
SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE   # 322

June 10, 2014

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following key breaking news in this Official DS News Online Update "bulletin."

***** UPDATING: SLEEPY HOLLOW CEMETERY TOUR, SUNDAY, JUNE 29 –
ADVANCE TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE WITH CREDIT CARD

The DS Festival and Sleepy Hollow Cemetery ask SG to share the following information.

--- Dark Shadows Festival Weekend in Tarrytown, NY
Saturday, June 28 – Lyndhurst Estate – Full day activities & programming
Sunday, June 29 – Double Tree Hotel Tarrytown –  Luncheon & Afternoon with the Stars

Recent SG Updates have detailed that fans can take a special guided tour of the nearby Sleepy Hollow Cemetery on Sunday (6-29) evening after Fest activities conclude.

---- PURCHASE TOUR TICKETS NOW ONLINE OR PAY AT THE DOOR
Special DS Weekend Afterglow Event – Private Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Group Tour

“DS fans interested in the 1-hour guided tour of historic Sleepy Hollow Cemetery on June 29 now can purchase tickets for $9.99 a person through the private ticketing link specifically set up for this purpose at:

http://www.showclix.com/event/3853464

“The tour begins at 5:30 pm.

“The above link will remain open until 4:30pm on Sun., June 29 – an hour prior to the tour start time. 

“There is no extra fee associated with online purchases. Advance ticket ordering will greatly simplify the arrival process. Please note that Sleepy Hollow Cemetery is not equipped to process credit card payments on site at the meeting point.

“If tour payment is not made in advance by credit card, fans may pay the exact amount of $10 in cash upon arrival at Sleepy Hollow that evening.

“Before the evening tour, the DS Luncheon & Afternoon with the Stars takes place at the nearby Tarrytown Double Tree Hotel from 11:30am-5:00pm. Fans going on the tour are encouraged to share cars and taxis for the short rip from the hotel to the cemetery, which is located at 540 N Broadway, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591

“The historic site was a prominent filming location for the 1970 movie “House of DS.”  Key scenes shot there involved Willie Loomis (John Karlen) releasing Barnabas Collins (Jonathan Frid) from his chained coffin in the Collins Mausoleum, as well as the funeral of vampire Carolyn Stoddard (Nancy Barrett).

“As this is a private tour, fans will not see this event listed on the Sleepy Hollow website. They must use the link provided above. The Fest thanks the Sleepy Hollow staff for making special arrangements for this Fest group tour. The cemetery normally is not open on Sunday evenings.”

Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, first established as The Old Dutch Burying Ground in 1849, was listed on the Registry of National Historic Landmarks in 2009

--- DARK SHADOWS FESTIVAL WEEKEND – TWO DAYS IN TARRYTOWN, NY

Lyndhurst Estate, 635 Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
Double Tree Hotel, 455 S, Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591

The Weekend presents 2 full days for fans to enjoy meeting our DS celebrities for free autographs and photo opportunities; guest/audience Q&A sessions; guests’ onstage live dramatic/musical presentations; a wide variety of DS items for purchase, the original movies “House of DS” (1970) and “Night of DS” screening in high definition for the first time ever; free tours of historic Lyndhurst Mansion; and much more.

OUR DS GUESTS;
NANCY BARRETT, JOHN KARLEN, LARA PARKER, KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT, DAVID SELBY, SHARON SMYTH LENTZ, JAMES STORM, MARIE WALLACE
(Guest appearances subject to personal and professional situations)

The Double Tree Hotel now is full, but sleeping rooms are available at nearby local hotels. Please see recent SG Updates for suggestions or search online for Tarrytown / Sleepy Hollow hotel accommodations. Tarrytown is about 25 miles north of midtown Manhattan on the eastern shore of the Hudson River.

Marcy Robin

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
ShadowGram Update #323 -- Clarification
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 06:46:31 PM »
SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE   # 323
June 14, 2014

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following key breaking news in this Official DS News Online Update "bulletin."

**** DS FESTIVAL TARRYTOWN WEEKEND –  JUNE 28-29, 2014
**** A PERSONAL NOTE FROM SG EDITOR MARCY ROBIN

****  TARRYTOWN WEEKEND EVENT – CLARIFICATION

SG regrets any confusion: In Update #322 (June 10), CHRISTOPHER PENNOCK was accidentally left off the alphabetical guest list. He’s been included on the list in previous Updates and definitely will be attending. The full list follows.

NANCY BARRETT, JOHN KARLEN,  LARA PARKER, CHRISTOPHER PENNOCK, KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT, DAVID SELBY, SHARON SMYTH LENTZ, JAMES STORM, MARIE WALLACE.

Sat., June 28: 12:00 noon-9:00pm – Lyndhurst Estate, 635 Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
Sun., June 29:  11:30am-5:00pm – Double Tree Hotel, 455 S, Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
Sun., June 29: 5:30-6:30pm – Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, South Gate, 430 N. Broadway, Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591

The revised schedule of events for both days will be premiere-announced in a ShadowGram Online Update within the next few days.

The Weekend presents 2 full days for fans to enjoy meeting our DS celebrities for free autographs and photo opportunities; guest/audience Q&A sessions; guests’ onstage live dramatic/musical presentations; a wide variety of DS items for purchase, free tours of historic Lyndhurst Mansion; and much more. The feature-length movies “House of DS” (1970) and “Night of DS” (1971) will screen in high definition for the first time ever. Both were filmed on location at Lyndhurst and Sleepy Hollow and starred some of our attending guests, who will discuss and reminisce about their experiences.

*** A PERSONAL NOTE FROM SG EDITOR MARCY ROBIN

A few weeks ago, I had a recurrence of one of the major health issues that have challenged me for 4+ years. I required emergency surgery and a limited-activities recovery period. I’m steadily improving and getting back to normal. My next post-operation appointment is shortly before the Fest Weekend. My superb doctors and surgeon are pleased with my progress. They anticipate I can travel to Tarrytown, perform my various Fest staff responsibilities, and enjoy everything and everybody.

My tremendous thanks go to Kathy Resch during this time. She’s handled sending out these Updates, which I composed and reviewed with her. She apologizes that she inadvertently left off Chris Pennock’s name on the guest list in Update #322.

Kathy’s helped with my email too. I know what people wrote to me and she typed my replies. She’s also helped with my postal-mail correspondence. Her hard work – and everyone’s patience and understanding – are very much appreciated.

**** The huge Double SG # 122-#123 is the current Official DS Published Newsletter. The late Jonathan Frid (Barnabas) is remembered with photos, biographical information, and career highlights. He also is fondly and gently saluted by MARIE WALLACE (DS’ Eve, Jenny, Megan). Her unique perspective extends outside DS, as they were longtime friends. Jonathan directed a 1993 college stage production of “The Lion in Winter” in Milledgeville, Georgia, in which Marie starred. He earned a Masters in Fine Art in directing from the Yale School of Drama

The Double SG also features news and information direct from the DS cast / crew about their projects and activities, Dan Curtis Productions, the DS Festival, MPI, Big Finish Productions, Hermes Press, and others involved in DS today. There are photos, announcements, reports, publicity materials, media coverage, and updates for DS guest/fan gatherings, plus all the DS news and plans.

To subscribe / renew to the complete ShadowGram Official Dark Shadows Newsletters:

--- US & Canadian First Class subscriptions: $12.00 for 4 issues, $24.00 for 8 issues.
---Overseas Air Mail subscriptions: US $20.00 for 4 issues, US $40.00 for 8 issues.

Please send your subscription / renewal payment by check or money order, payable to:

Marcy Robin
P.O. Box 1766
Temple City, CA 91780-7766

Email: ShadowGram@aol.com

Subscription/renewal payments also can be made via PayPal to:  ShadowGram@aol.com

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE   # 324
June 18, 2014

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

**** UPDATE: DS FESTIVAL TARRYTOWN WEEKEND –
JUNE 28-29, 2014

From the DS Festival:

“The Lyndhurst Estate has reached maximum capacity for the Sat., June 28, DS Weekend event.

“Additionally, reservations for the Sun., June 29, DS Luncheon are no longer available.

“However, fans still may attend after the Luncheon at the Tarrytown Double Tree Hotel on Sun. afternoon, June 28, from 2:00-5:00. Fans coming then pay $10.00 at the door and can meet the guests for free autographs and photo opportunities, memorabilia sales (a great variety of items at prices from $1 on up), and to enjoy sharing DS with other fans of all ages from across the U.S. and beyond,"

DS Cast Guests: NANCY BARRETT, JOHN KARLEN,  LARA PARKER, CHRISTOPHER PENNOCK, KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT, DAVID SELBY, SHARON SMYTH LENTZ, JAMES STORM, MARIE WALLACE.

All fans also are welcome to participate in the special DS Group guided tour of nearby Sleepy Hollow Cemetery on Sun. from 5:30-6:30. Tour tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the Cemetery gate. Please see SG Online Update #322 (June 10) for complete information about the tour.

Lyndhurst mansion interiors, its expansive grounds, and the Cemetery all were filming locations for the movies “House of Dark Shadows” (1970) and “Night of Dark Shadows” (1971).

Weekend location addresses:

--- Sat., June 28: 12:00n-9:00pm – Lyndhurst Estate, 635 Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
--- Sun., June 29:  - Double Tree Hotel, 455 S, Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
11:30am- Luncheon with the Stars / 2:00-5:00- Guest Autographs/Photo Opportunities, Memorabilia Sales, etc.
--- Sun., June 29: 5:30-6:30– Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, South Gate, 430 N. Broadway, Sleepy Hollow, NY 1059: Private Group Guided Tour

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #322 -- Fest Update: Sleepy Hollow tour
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:24:47 PM »
It's nice to see them including more cast members again.  I wonder if any fan vendors will be selling stuff.

G.