Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0719  (Read 714 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0719
« on: June 06, 2014, 05:06:17 PM »
Robservations #719

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0719

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 07:44:36 PM »
Still love watching Quentin quarrel with his siblings. His remark about Judith not classifying as a woman.....ouch! It's still a wonder to me how at least one of the Collins siblings of 1897 didn't end up dead all those years growing up together. But then again Edith was still around to keep them in line.

The whole family despises each other shy of having the guts to kill each other. Judith admits getting rid of Quentin would make her life easier but Quentin warns her he'd come back to haunt her....and considering his interest in Evan's voodoo and since this is Dark Shadows after all, I would consider that a legitimate threat.

Poor Jenny, I still feel so much sympathy for her. Wronged by a husband who deserted her and imprisoned by in-laws who despised her when she was sane and still don't have any use for her now. Their only concern is to keep scandal from reaching the family. Nutty as she was it's too bad she couldn't have made it out of the house and [spoiler] reach her sister Magda sooner than she did. [/spoiler]

Cool episode.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 09:42:30 PM »
Quentin tries to bully Magda, but she isn't having any. She predicts he will soon meet a woman--with a knife!

Jenny has been moved to some underground room at Collinwood. She complains to Judith about the lack of sunlight in the Tower Room, but this room doesn't even seem to have a window. It's pitiful to see how tenderly she looks after her "babies." But she goes into a rage when she hears Quentin's Victrola music.

Judith offers to pay Dirk more if he'll do some extra work, and he agrees immediately. Dirk and Judith arrive at the door to Jenny’s room as Judith finishes her explanation. Now you can see why you can’t tell anyone, she says. Beth knows? Dirk asks in some surprise. Not answering his question, Judith tells him, We need someone to handle Miss Jenny with force if necessary. Mr. Quentin must not know she is here. As they stand in front of the door, Dirk is still thinking of Beth knowing all about it, long before now. He repeats, Beth knows everything. Why are you concerned about that? Judith asks. Dirk replies lamely, I just thought I knew everything about Beth, that’s all. [Nice bit by Roger Davis here--restrained, for once.]

Judith tells Quentin that the name of his future murderer begins with "J." He immediately thinks of Judith, of course.

Meanwhile, Jenny manages to bash Dirk on the head and escape. She opens the door to the inner of Quentin’s rooms and walks about. She starts with fright when she sees the gramophone, backing away from it. She moves to the roll-top desk. There she finds a large, shiny knife with a bone handle. She holds it up, smiling broadly, and calls, Quentin! Quentin! She plunges the knife toward us as she starts her hunt....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 03:29:24 AM »
If those had been real babies, not dolls, they wouldn't have stood a chance with Jenny.  She picks them up both at the same time, one with each hand, sometimes, or crushes them while obsessing over them.  So she escapes again, wisely bashing Dirk on the head.  In Quentin's room, she pulls something out of the desk, and I so wanted it to be the I Ching wands that at first my eyes misinformed me that that was what they were.  It was from that part of the desk.  But they're in the anteroom now...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 07:16:14 PM »
Well, anyway, Jenny thinks she's taking good care of her babies. But then again, she is insane.

I've always assumed that Edward is the oldest of the sibs, followed by Judith, Quentin and Carl. But I don't know if we ever learn their birth order for sure.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 06:50:54 AM »
I think it was made clear that Quentin and Carl were younger, but by now I forget the details.  I always assumed that Edward was the eldest, but as the eldest son would probably have been given more authority, etc., it's possible that Judith was older.
Josette