Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0718  (Read 527 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0718
« on: June 05, 2014, 05:04:28 PM »
Robservations #718

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0718

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 12:51:08 AM »
Loved the confrontation between Barnabas and Angelique in the tower....one of their very best confrontations of the entire series. Her crack about him not being able to see his reflection in the mirror....Ouch! She really knows how to hit below the belt.

Quentin manipulates Jamison into helping him with his voodoo against Barnabas. Quentin's reasoning for plotting against Barnabas is that Barnabas cursed him with the worst curse of all....being poor. Barnabas can testify to the fact that there are definitely much worse fates than being without money. [spoiler] And pretty soon Quentin is also going to find that out for himself. [/spoiler]

Magda realizes what Quentin is up to and sees the mark of death on him....it's really going to get good now....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 03:28:17 AM »
Barnabas had no good reason really to expect Angelique to be in the Tower Room, and she doesn't live there, we've never seen her there... but he's accidentally right, she is there.   She continues her laugh after she becomes visible, only not with her mouth, it's closed...  Barnabas himself laughs during her conversation-- I thought he never did. 

We learn Quentin spied for the police in Alexandria, more backstory we never learn much more about.  He designates Jamison Secret Agent 916.  Quentin's smart about Barnabas's cane, its being a signal that he actually is still in the Old House.  Apparently, Jamison's "innocence" is magic... he intuits that silver will hurt Barnabas.  Yet he carries the silver headed cane with him wherever he goes... hmmm...

Magda stops Quentin doing the voodoo, after Jamison faints from overuse of his magical innocence powers...  Magda sees a skull on Q's face, the mark of death.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »
My favorite part of the extended Barn-Angelique scene is the choreography. They stand, they sit on the bed, though never facing each other. Angelique embraces Barn, he moves away. Great stuff! And then there's this exchange: Barnabas says, I hate to be ungallant, but looking at you, I see nothing but the misery that you have caused--the madness, the death! Stung to anger, she shoots back, And what do you see when you look in a mirror? Oh... but I forgot, she answers herself sweetly: You see nothing--so you are spared your conscience. No! I am not spared that, Barnabas insists.

Quentin grills Jamison about Barnabas and gets him to swipe Barnabas's cane. But Magda is much smarter than Q. gives her credit for.

Jamison's innocence--and probably his virginity as well--make him magical, at least to those amateur Satanists Quentin and Evan. Magda arrives just in time to rescue Jamison after he faints. She's probably about to impose some awful curse on Quentin when she sees the mark of death on his face.