Author Topic: Changing Storylines  (Read 582 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Changing Storylines
« on: December 11, 2003, 09:27:50 AM »
I always wonder how much of a story they plot in advance.  I would have thought that while many individual twists or events might be created as they happen, that the general outline of the story would have been set in advance.  If there's a whodunit aspect to it, they would know in advance who it was.

But, given some of the surprises and inconsistencies, it seems that maybe they just developed everything as it happened with no firm goal set in advance.

This final story, being rather short, I would have assumed that they knew the answers as they were writing this part.  But, (I was going to include a big spoiler, but I'd rather not - even with the Spoiler Box), I was a bit surprised with the reading of Brutus' letter - there are aspects to it that don't make any sense in light of the final explanation.

When we finally get to that point (probably just through Robservations), I'll explain the specifics of what I'm thinking of.
Josette

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Changing Storylines
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 02:35:32 PM »
I agree Josette...specifically about the inconguities/inconsistencies of this specific part.

But, it's DS (and I think since they were going off air, they may not have wanted to put any effort in).

Which I think is a shame, because this had real possibilities.

Patti
What a Woman!